johnyanu

Brand new trail camera stolen on public land

It sucks. Public land a-holes! I have had 4 cameras stolen from me and all have been on stateland. Started putting them high in the trees out of sight. Seems to cut back on the theft. 

• Like 3

Leaving anything on Public Land is like leaving your car unlocked and then asking why it was burglarized

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

53 minutes ago, johnyanu said:

Some guy stole my brand new trail cam befor I can even check it

That sucks

no lock box no python cable?

• Agree 1

How about a cellular camera? I know they are pretty pricey but you can get you pics within a few seconds- not sure how close you are to the woods but if you see someone taking it down maybe you can get out there. You would also have their picture.  I also wondered if it would be worth it to climb the tree and face one down so that at least it’s out of reach and less likely to be seen. 
I’m with you- that guys an a-hole. Even if I leave my car unlocked it still takes an a-hole to burglarize it.

• Like 2

Why anyone would take another's anything is s**try. I know I must provide laughs to guys at Black River if I pass their stands. I like to stop and see what another hunter sees that I don't. I must look like Elmer Fudd, but I pass and try not to disturb the stand. People who steal should have body parts removed. Sorry for your camera loss hopefully some good Karma is ahead for you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, TouchofGrey said:

Why anyone would take another's anything is s**try. I know I must provide laughs to guys at Black River if I pass their stands. I like to stop and see what another hunter sees that I don't. I must look like Elmer Fudd, but I pass and try not to disturb the stand. People who steal should have body parts removed. Sorry for your camera loss hopefully some good Karma is ahead for you.

I just saw a buck did come in rang so hopefully I get good karma

24 minutes ago, johnyanu said:

He cut it off

I once had someone cut the section of the small tree out that I had my lock box bolted to.

There are a holes who walk around the woods with tools to steal cameras and stands.

It is crazy to me the balls on these people! Who’s to say they didn’t walk by another that they didn’t see or it happens to have a gps tracker in it. Also the spot it was pulled from they likely can’t go back to without chance of confrontation. I see cameras all the time and I just make sure they take a picture of me so that guy knows he’s not alone....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnyanu said:

Some guy stole my brand new trail cam befor I can even check it

Where are you located..  I have 2 older original wild games you can have..

3 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Where are you located..  I have 2 older original wild games you can have..

Sparta nj. Where u at

Edited by johnyanu

Just now, johnyanu said:

Sparta nj

Do you get down near seaside or monmouth county at all?  If not pm me your address info and I will ship them to you

• Like 1
  • Winner 3

do you have it marked? watch if possible Craigs list hit the local flee markets and pawn shops even eBay you would be surprised what people will do to sell them.. unless of course its a hunter looking to use it.  you would be surprised how stupid some people are..

• Like 1