ElevatedHunter

Paxono Boat Ramp

Does Anyone know if they stock the fields over by the Paxono Boat Ramp down past Millbrook? Took a drive out there Sunday Afternoon just to see if it was standing crop or not, but wasn't sure how to even access the fields since their was a locked gate and no parking signs all along the road. According to the state stocking map for Delaware South it says they stock, but how do you get to those fields. Thought for sure the gate would be open being that youth started this past weekend. 

Anyone have any input on that area? Looking to start going to different areas of the Delaware since its usually all I ever hunt.

Nice fields at Walpack and Flatbrook have you ever hunted them. Down the road from the Layton General Store.

• Like 1

Yes they have stocked them as long as I can remember.   Years ago the gate was open.... now you have to walk.  It is not far at all.  Guys park at the red barn right before the gate.  You can park on the grass too.  Many times I kick up birds on the mnts during the season while deer hunting. 

• Like 1

This is why i ordered an e bike! you can park anywhere and a mile or two bike ride you can be anywhere you want 

16 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

This is why i ordered an e bike! you can park anywhere and a mile or two bike ride you can be anywhere you want 

This is NJ probably be ticketed and fined.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

This is NJ probably be ticketed and fined.

I was going to agree - then I thought of all the !$%#@ dirt bikes and ATVs I see on WMAs  and state forests without being bothered, so ...

Probably have 3 Fed trucks waiting for you when you come out of the woods. Put an APB out for you. ;)

Edited by Nomad

I'd like to take that electric bike out on Sandy Hook, would beat walking to the rip!  Probably be arrested though.

If you guys saw where i hunt you would laugh. I brought one of the dog trackers there for an 8 that i am positive i hit direct shoulder and little penetration.

He was afraid to go back in there said he had not been that far off paved roads ever. I have never seen any law enforcement nor game warden in 6 years.

My buddy hunts down the road he said he saw one a few years back while he was riding around on the sand roads. I see very few hunters and even 6 day there is nobody pushing deer. 

Strictly for killing deer I would be much better off in areas where people move them. Peace and quiet I have all i want ( which i prefer) 

6 hours ago, ithaca10 said:

Nice fields at Walpack and Flatbrook have you ever hunted them. Down the road from the Layton General Store.

Oh yes many many times, just looking to broaden my horizon on local spots. Walpack and Flatbrook have got to be the most popular spots in the northern area, so I tend to stay away from them as much as possible unless its an afternoon during the week. 

6 hours ago, Mountain Goat said:

Yes they have stocked them as long as I can remember.   Years ago the gate was open.... now you have to walk.  It is not far at all.  Guys park at the red barn right before the gate.  You can park on the grass too.  Many times I kick up birds on the mnts during the season while deer hunting. 

Thank you, that is definitely the response I was Looking for! Definitely going to try that spot out as its only 20 minutes or so from my house. Hopefully that spot isn't super over crowded.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:53 PM, ElevatedHunter said:

Does Anyone know if they stock the fields over by the Paxono Boat Ramp down past Millbrook? Took a drive out there Sunday Afternoon just to see if it was standing crop or not, but wasn't sure how to even access the fields since their was a locked gate and no parking signs all along the road. According to the state stocking map for Delaware South it says they stock, but how do you get to those fields. Thought for sure the gate would be open being that youth started this past weekend. 

Anyone have any input on that area? Looking to start going to different areas of the Delaware since its usually all I ever hunt.

They didn’t stock last year and this year the farmer didn’t plant crops. The weeds are 4-6 feet tall and they are not stocking this year. On the other hand , there are birds on the NJ side , PA birds

Edited by jerseyjimk
  • Like 1