IGNORED

Reminder: Take nice pictures

This is the time of year many will be out in the woods and may be lucky enough to shoot a deer, so just a reminder to take the time to set things up to get a good picture.  Can't ever get the day/moment back, a few extra minutes can go a long way in capturing a great photo to share and remember!  Take a bunch, you can always throw away the bad ones!  Plus who wouldn't want to be the next NJW&W deer contest superstar! :)

Is this wrong? Should I have not done this? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started posting here that this sort of thing was frowned upon.... I've posted in a lot of forums before and I tell you people do this all the time.

walt-disney-killed-bambis-mother-because

25 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Is this wrong? Should I have not done this? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started posting here that this sort of thing was frowned upon.... I've posted in a lot of forums before and I tell you people do this all the time.

walt-disney-killed-bambis-mother-because

LMFAO. Love the Seinfeld reference 

7 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

This is the time of year many will be out in the woods and may be lucky enough to shoot a deer, so just a reminder to take the time to set things up to get a good picture.  Can't ever get the day/moment back, a few extra minutes can go a long way in capturing a great photo to share and remember!  Take a bunch, you can always throw away the bad ones!  Plus who wouldn't want to be the next NJW&W deer contest superstar! :)

Don't forget to sit far away and extend your arms so the rack looks 3 times bigger than it actually is. ;)

I'm just kidding around mostly; but honestly, almost all the pix I see posted on here are fine. And I know the trappers among us are diligent in making sure all trapping photos are proper.

But, we should not kid ourselves and others. We are killing animals - that is the end result. It is not pretty sometimes. Sometimes, pictures will have blood in them or the animal isn't looking its best. Killing animals is what has to happen for people to bite into a delicious hamburger or cut into a juicy steak (unless you are a vegan, in which case, I'll start posting some classy pics of me choppin' broccoli). But because the vast majority of people aren't directly responsible for killing the animals they eat and are not exposed to these kinds of pictures, they are not familiar with what the process looks like and so think these pictures are gross and unnecessary, no matter how well we try to stage the pictures.

And because we are so afraid to show where we get our food from, THIS is the end result:

https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/long-island-man-foul-mouthed-kid-confront-hunter-for-killing-deer/