IGNORED

11/06/2019 Check in

BowhunterNJ

1 minute ago, Hitemnasty said:

Rut is right on time or maybe even a little late here in central jersey. Haven’t had much of any activity till last weekend and deer just started showing up dead on the roads within the last week! We know roadkills happen when bucks are chasing does not ready to breed, so no not “lockdown” here. 

Is route 78 in central Jersey?  If so, the number of roadkill bucks in October was insane.  They were splattered everywhere.  

I have a theory. You northern guys seem to see action before us every year. I remember this because it drives me nuts thinking I’m missing out but always end up seeing good action a bit later than up north. So my thoughts are you have hills and mountains, the rut is kicked off based on diminishing daylight and the sun rises later and sets earlier in the mountains compared to flat land. So there’s your diminishing daylight sooner than the south. It’s also a little colder up where there putting deer on their feet earlier than down here. 

5 hours ago, electric10162 said:

I gave up hunting High Point years ago. Miss that place.

Congrats!

2 hours ago, OMC said:

Nice I was going to join in on that hunt but couldn’t swing it. Go get one of those big boys now 

You're not missing much.  I may consider not doing this again next year.  Doe are harder to find now than bucks, and not seeing much as far as buck sign, or any chasing this year.  To see anything you have to go back in where it takes 2 to get one out.  I think most of the bucks left the park in search of doe elsewhere.   Lot of out-of-stater's come because it's unlimited doe, and they shoot everyone they can.  State needs to make some changes to the regs before there's nothing left in there to hunt for.  They already can't sell half the permits, and every year the number of vehicles I see keep getting less.  

1 hour ago, Hitemnasty said:

I have a theory. You northern guys seem to see action before us every year. I remember this because it drives me nuts thinking I’m missing out but always end up seeing good action a bit later than up north. So my thoughts are you have hills and mountains, the rut is kicked off based on diminishing daylight and the sun rises later and sets earlier in the mountains compared to flat land. So there’s your diminishing daylight sooner than the south. It’s also a little colder up where there putting deer on their feet earlier than down here. 

Think “fall foliage” how it peaks based on north to south not at same time 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, Hitemnasty said:

Plus they're a bunch of Taylor Hammers up there, rut starts early for them...they need all the help they can get!