Bonefreak

Ely's butcher comparable to who?

Since PA Game Commission nixed them from processing from these 3 states.....who else makes quality stuff like honey bologna, pepperoni, pork roll, etc??

And....didnt the Divison enact some regs last yr bout CWD and butchers??

Screenshot_20191105-102544.png

Screenshot_20191105-102510.png

I cannot answer the OP’s question but I am glad that they will take NJ deer still.  Their honey mustard bologna rocks!

• Like 1

They make some good stuff but are getting WAY to $$$$. They add a $30-35 charge for a big deer and then a $35 cape out charge which is Bullshit  cause they do not cape it out, all they do is skin it down the neck which they have to do any ways. Basically you are not going to walk out for under $200 for a nice buck. I will stick to more local guys for a early season and late season do them myself cause I can let it hang some.  Thanks Adam for making me think about it again :grrr:

• Haha 1

John who do you use locally?

Adam I'd say Elys is like Hartmans but more expensive.  Lot of speciality products that are good but they do charge a lot.  It is top quality however. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Adam I'd say Elys is like Hartmans but more expensive.  Lot of speciality products that are good but they do charge a lot.  It is top quality however. 

Big Dog now

• Like 3

I wasn't happy w/Ely's cuts last yr. Basically ban sawed a frozen deer. The Jerky and pepperoni where excellent. Not so much on the Maple bacon. 

I use Wayne (Bill/Ken's old place, Marlboro,NJ) he makes Steak n Onion sausage that's excellent and Big Dogs (Italian is great)

but haven't found local who does other specialties. I'll just have to bust the grinder out and do some myself.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, megavites said:

I wasn't happy w/Ely's cuts last yr. Basically ban sawed a frozen deer. The Jerky and pepperoni where excellent. Not so much on the Maple bacon. 

I use Wayne (Bill/Ken's old place, Marlboro,NJ) he makes Steak n Onion sausage that's excellent and Big Dogs (Italian is great)

but haven't found local who does other specialties. I'll just have to bust the grinder out and do some myself.

Hmmm, I may have to go to A&M meats in Mullica Hill and give them a try.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Hartmans??

I just picked up from Elys... the cape charge is something I’ve seen at all butchers lately that I used. I think it’s BS but they can’t sell the hide so they charge us... I got bbq pulled venison, teriyaki sticks, snack sticks with cheese and Tennessee sausage... his cuts wore bandsaw I noticed but for the amount of specialty I got wasn’t too bad. The cape charge is only thing that drives me nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A&M busted for selling ppl’s deer meat by fish and game

hartmans is closed ..

elys for the price and turn around is the best . Locally in south jersey you pay $8 a pound for snack sticks and elys is 150ish for the whole deer . 

South jersey Sausage ( great band name) try Joes on landis ave . Bacon cheddar and the jalapeño cheddar are my favorite but they have a bunch other kinds. Whole deer turned into sausage will run about 150 depending on the amount of cheese, bacon , jalapeño they use .. 

just my 2cents 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I just picked up from Elys... the cape charge is something I’ve seen at all butchers lately that I used. I think it’s BS but they can’t sell the hide so they charge us... I got bbq pulled venison, teriyaki sticks, snack sticks with cheese and Tennessee sausage... his cuts wore bandsaw I noticed but for the amount of specialty I got wasn’t too bad. The cape charge is only thing that drives me nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried the teriyaki stix 2 yrs ago n wasn't a fan....but always impresses w ely's other specialties like the maple bacon, honey bologna, n pepperoni was new last yr n was slammin!!

1 minute ago, Slayer1962 said:

I never heard of maple bacon you guys are killing me! Sounds like i need to try it 

It's kinda like that "sizzlelean" flat bacon that used to be in supermarkets....but it's much better w infused maple syrup!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

I never heard of maple bacon you guys are killing me! Sounds like i need to try it 

I buy all the time at shop rite (pork)