That is sad. When you invest the amount of money and time into a dog like that, that you will hopefully hunt over and will be a family member for many years a GPS location collar is expensive initially but not over the time span you will have the dog. Hopefully someone finds it. Sad.

Edited by RPK0620
  • Like 5

Good luck , hope he is found. It's a horrible feeling.  The best investment I ever got for my hounds was the garmin gps collar.  I have total control of dog out to 9 miles 

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

I hate this stuff. 28 hours. Probably not still in the WMA? Still, I'll walk through the west side later today when I'm passing through. 

Microchipping should be done by all breeders before the pup leaves.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, FLDBRED-BDC said:

I'm going to go search today ! 

Any luck Dan? 

Brian, I just got back . I met the young man that lost the dog and of course he is devastated ! I searched all ends of the WMA to no avail . Like others have said he is more than likely not in the WMA any longer, in 15 minutes he could easily make it to the local neighborhood .

A fine young man that could use our help!

15 minutes ago, FLDBRED-BDC said:

Brian, I just got back . I met the young man that lost the dog and of course he is devastated ! I searched all ends of the WMA to no avail . Like others have said he is more than likely not in the WMA any longer, in 15 minutes he could easily make it to the local neighborhood .

A fine young man that could use our help!

I didn't talk to him much but we past each other the dog ran after another  dog I thought he would find him running with other dog then on my way out talk to his father and was still looking  . I am betting  he is running  deer . Could be any where by now.  He need to check  all local  shelters  and GPS rescue.  Hope he find him I will be hunt there sat will keep a eye out for him

I would guess that someone found this dog by now. GSP's are people dogs. He's probably curled up on someone's couch. I'd start knocking on doors in the area and putting up signs. Let's get this pup home!

• Agree 1