IGNORED

Very Slow In VA

Tarhunt

I just got home from hunting in Virginia's muzzleloader opener. We hunted almost all day on Saturday and I did not see a deer until 5:30pm when 6 does and a spike and a small six point came out. The six point had his nose to the ground for a little bit but, wasn't bothering any of the does. The spike hit a ground scrape and went into the woods. My son saw a couple of does but, that was it. I went out this morning for two hours before having to drive back home. I saw nothing. My youngest son and I will be back down on Thursday and hunt until Sunday. I hope it's better. The temps were in the 40's early in the morning and the afternoon got up to the low 60's.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

16 minutes ago, bt bowhunter said:

Yesterday was the first day I saw pushing down here.  Left work at 430 and saw a big deer pushing does just south of Berlin on 113 tarhunt.  I hadn’t seen much off the summer pattern til this week.  Quite a few showing up hit this week on 113.

Thanks. Good to know. Last year, I saw bucks chasing the week of November 11th. It's supposed to be cold on Saturday and Sunday. I hope to see something big moving. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

3 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

Thanks. Good to know. Last year, I saw bucks chasing the week of November 11th. It's supposed to be cold on Saturday and Sunday. I hope to see something big moving. 

Second night in a row.  Two bigs hounding a group of baldies further south off 113 in Newark just now.  I think you’ll be good this week tarhunt.

Edited by bt bowhunter