IGNORED

What piece of gear or modification has made your life easier?

kanigie

What piece of gear or modification has made your life easier or allowed you to harvest a deer?

Always looking to make things quicker and smoother in the woods, thought it be a good idea to share.

Here are a couple of mine.

1. One handed lineman's belt operation with the Wild Country Ropeman ascender. It's a hang and hunt must have.

image.png.9de1413980b32a3688776df90ab6febc.png

2. Adding a loop to the top of my quiver so I can hang it in the tree. I drilled two small holes and used D loop material with a knot on each end to create the loop.

image.thumb.png.0f5c4dcb795caa3c694b8446f26ff809.png

3. Hunters Specialty retractable scent drag!

image.png.1b0201079c5018e8b824a86ab5a7f4ba.png

I second the ropeman 1.  First year using it and makes it much easier to adjust length.  Been hang and hunt first year and it’s made it much easier.   Last year I used a HSS lineman’s belt and it was a pain in the butt.  

2 hours ago, kanigie said:

What piece of gear or modification has made your life easier or allowed you to harvest a deer?

Always looking to make things quicker and smoother in the woods, thought it be a good idea to share.

Here are a couple of mine.

1. One handed lineman's belt operation with the Wild Country Ropeman ascender. It's a hang and hunt must have.

image.png.9de1413980b32a3688776df90ab6febc.png

2. Adding a loop to the top of my quiver so I can hang it in the tree. I drilled two small holes and used D loop material with a knot on each end to create the loop.

image.thumb.png.0f5c4dcb795caa3c694b8446f26ff809.png

3. Hunters Specialty retractable scent drag!

image.png.1b0201079c5018e8b824a86ab5a7f4ba.png

Been using the Hunter Retractable  for years...mks it very easy.

Like the idea about using loop around quiver!!

Upgraded to the ropeman last season and definitely a game changer! I have a rope around my quiver that I hooked to my ez hanger but new ez hangers don’t have hooks anymore so I put a rubber gear tie on the rope so I can wrap and unwrap.

Always had a problem with range finder and monocular so I took some accessory rope with a S biner created a loop by serving the rope together( sounds complicated but not) and wrapped a gear tie around the rope by my shoulder so it holds it in place and the rangefinder hangs right on my upper right chest by my shoulder out of the way of the bowstring and monocular down by my left hip. 

I added a quiver mount to the upper section of my climber to attach my quiver if I’m using that. All of my run n gun stands have military surplus molle straps for comfortable backpacking. I can take a picture of my optics setup later if anyone is interested. It’s really nice because I only have to lift the range finder like 8 inches and can do so while holding my bow and release. 

D918A36B-DEDA-4B4F-B3F0-0EF874DD0AE4.jpeg

7275AE80-050E-4642-B985-D3455A409C6D.jpeg

Edited by Hitemnasty