IGNORED

Anecdotal rut

hammer4reel

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Saw 11 bucks chasing Doe's on the way home tonight from work

Kinda proves my point no? If all the breeding was done already, as you and our favorite forum biologist anecdotally conclude, then what are they chasing???

17 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Kinda proves my point no? If all the breeding was done already, as you and our favorite forum biologist anecdotally conclude, then what are they chasing???

Two weeks away from your breeding date and it’s more than likely half over

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Just now, hammer4reel said:

Two weeks away from your breeding date and it’s more than likely half over

Half over? Based on what? Where are you getting this data? 
Doesn’t make sense discussing it further, you believe that what you see dictates the entirety of the breeding activity statewide, and Rusty simply concurs to get under my skin!😂

I simply base my view on the conclusion reached by dozens of biologists and game departments, that state the main conception dates are late October, early November year after year.  

2 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Half over? Based on what? Where are you getting this data? 
Doesn’t make sense discussing it further, you believe that what you see dictates the entirety of the breeding activity statewide, and Rusty simply concurs to get under my skin!😂

I simply base my view on the conclusion reached by dozens of biologists and game departments, that state the main conception dates are late October, early November year after year.  

Last week you said November . Now you include October Hmmm.

what a biologist says in PA has no bearing what’s going on here  right now .

but then again they have been chasing a full 4 weeks already in PA also,

but what do I know since I’m just watching it all in the woods everyday.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Last week you said November . Now you include October Hmmm.

The peak is November, of course there is a build up and a fall off of rut activity.  Again, your tiny snapshot is not what you can base overall activity on, that’s not how conclusions are reached. 

I don't perfectly align with any of you.  I think based on daytime activity (what we see, what we scout, what we capture) - we are experiencing one of the better more active pre-ruts and ruts (yes its on and its been on) in many years.   I do think we have had more "Trickle ruts" of years recently past. I do think the Full moons could not have more perfectly aligned.  MidSeptember, had bucks acting a little more aggressive than normal this year.  Mid-October, right as the pre-rut kicks off, definitely contributed to more rutting type activity this season.   As I have said in the past, I saw from stand, a full tending/mounting/"to completion" of a 3.5 year old buck on a doe back in 2015, on October 15.   There is no doubt to me- does are getting bred that early and even earlier. 

I also think, fawn birthing next year will be broadcast from later April through June and even very early July as it always is - no big variance...

The difference is our perception of the rut.  I can recall seasons where I barely noticed we had one during the day, but clearly it was happening at night. 

1) Time of year - certainly

2) for daytime activity - moon

3) for daytime activity - temps (to some extent).   The past few weeks have not been scorching hot - 50s and 60 so not having 70s and 80s mid October till now was a big help. In fact warmest days were probably last few. 

That's it - in a nutshell.  Nobody is perfectly right, nobody is perfectly wrong (except ME of course) 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….