IGNORED

Camera help

smittty

I'm going nuts here. I've been running four moltres since July no problems a few weeks ago I added three of those cheap wildgame inavtions or what ever the he'll they are. The first few times I pulled the cards it was all good yesterday no good only pics on six out of seven so I took them and switched the card around and they seemed to be working.  today I could not get them to power on battery's are at 80%. All I can figure is mixing up the cards did something 

Reformat the cards on your computer at home. Easy fix. I run Moultrie, Wildgame, and Cuddebacks. Sometimes it's the card reader that causes the problem. 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

7 minutes ago, smittty said:

Ok thanks. I guess after I get it straightened out I should keep the same cards with the moultrie and not mix them with the wildgame

That shouldn't matter at all. You may need a new card reader

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

FWIW, why it's important (IMO) to format the card with the trailcam you are putting it in is because some trailcams "format" process may create a set of folders to store the images.  A true format deletes everything and leaves a card completely empty.  However, some trailcam firmware may be coded to store the images in folders they expect to be there (created by their firmware's "format" process in the menu).  Other trailcams may create their own folders as needed while images are being taken.   Either way, best to use the trailcams "format" in it's menu system to guarantee the card is "ready" to work with that specific trailcam.

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

FWIW, why it's important (IMO) to format the card with the trailcam you are putting it in is because some trailcams "format" process may create a set of folders to store the images.  A true format deletes everything and leaves a card completely empty.  However, some trailcam firmware may be coded to store the images in folders they expect to be there (created by their firmware's "format" process in the menu).  Other trailcams may create their own folders as needed while images are being taken.   Either way, best to use the trailcams "format" in it's menu system to guarantee the card is "ready" to work with that specific trailcam.

THIS^^

Never had a problem since I starting formating in the camera I was leaving the card in.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU FORMAT YOUR EMPTY CARD AND NOT THE CARD TO MEANT TO TAKE.  I've done this 2x. 

There is a way to recover pics off a formatted card though. Learned the hard way.... twice....

Edited by kanigie

I swap out cards then format to erase. Clean, formatted cards are always going in the three different brands of cameras I run

I TRY to format or delete all in the camera then have the cam take some pics and see if they are stored on the card. I also turn the cam off  then to on, if I turn to on from the setup position in some of my cams they will not store the pics.  Of course I get caught up with looking at the pictures or I'm in a rush and forget to do any of that and leave some of my cams with no card or in the set up position L.O.L