IGNORED

Does this sound right?

mmfan36

13 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I thought that the rule was that you couldn't hunt in the ag fields when there was a standing crop but you could hunt once they were cut.   I think you can also retrieve game in the standing crop if necessary.  Don't quote me on that, but I remember reading about that a while back

I think that is the rule for WMA land that is leased to farmers but this appears to be Green Acres.  Probably worth calling Green Acres in Trenton and asking about.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Found this guide on leasing public property.

https://nj.gov/agriculture/sadc/farmlink/resources/leaseguide.pdf

If the lease is not being actively farmed and is open to the public, they cannot, IMHO, prevent the public from using it.  I would ask the township for a copy of the lease.  Since Tranquility Farms does not own the property, and if it is not specified in their lease, they cannot prevent hunting on the property if there aren't standing crops.  That's what my research is leading me to believe.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

If it is a state park and leased you can call and get a map of the leased areas, many farmers think they can post and keep people off an entire piece of property when in fact they only have a lease agreement with the fields. I did this in my area because a farmer wanted to keep the entire area for himself and his friends.

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

34 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

If it is a state park and leased you can call and get a map of the leased areas, many farmers think they can post and keep people off an entire piece of property when in fact they only have a lease agreement with the fields. I did this in my area because a farmer wanted to keep the entire area for himself and his friends.

Sounds like that’s what this farmer is trying to do. 

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"