MGHunter66

So what I chose

Was on a search for a new xbow and posted here awhile ago. The three I was looking at were Excaliber, Ravin and 10 Point. Well the Excals were nice, shot well and were above all simplistic. Just didn’t like the width and the narrowist models being in the 2g range the Excal was eliminated. The Ravin, very compact, super fast balanced well and the trigger was pretty good. I say pretty good meaning although a bit of creep it broke clean and predictable. All xbows will have some creep no matter what, it just the design and stress of holding super high poundage that forces creep to be part of the equation. But the Ravin had a couple things I did not like. The scope is super busy and something I just didn’t like, can’t justify spending that kind of cash onlt to put out more for another scope. I also am not a crank guy, a cranking clicking mechanism just irritates the hell out of me although being able to uncock was in fact a nice feature. The 10Point Stealth nxt balanced well, hand a great trigger( again some unavoidable creep) but breaks clean and predictable, shots super fast and accurate (2” groups at 60yrds so far) and had the option of an accudraw rope sled. This is a manual pull cocking device that retracts back into the stock. Great design that keeps the cocking device mounted to the stock but allows tangle free super fast loading. The only draw backs to the nxt is you must fire to decock and the accudraw unit can be felt slightly on your cheek weld to the stock. Other than that it is sweet shooting and super hard hitting. Shot a doe quartering away and hitting the shoulder bone on the exit side knocked her off her feet, powerful to say the least. With a 443 gr bolt it chronoed at 383fps consistently. So the Stealth has got the nod. Interestingly, I bought this to upgrade since a shoulder injury occurred last year while breaking in new strings and cables on my Old Glory ( simply love that bow and have killed more deer that I can count with it) Working hard at the gym has brought my shoulder back to i guess around 85%. So for now the Old Glory is back in the stand with me which I am extremely happy about. But now I have options and anyone looking to upgrade their xbow should definitely give the Ten Point Stealth NXT a look. Narrow, powerful and precision built

• Like 6

Yes, the accudraw rope sled is a great design for a guy like me who keeps loosing stuff. That's what I had on my 10 point. Discharging the arrow is not a big deal just buy a small discharge block, designate one arrow for the purpose and it will not feel like a burden. 10 point makes great c.bows.
BTW IMO 10 point has the best lighted knock design.

Good luck with it.

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 1

Great choice MG . I love mine and she has been very good to me . Did you get the $200 rebate they were offering ?

• Like 1

Thanks for posting a honest review 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

Great choice MG . I love mine and she has been very good to me . Did you get the $200 rebate they were offering ?

Yes

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Yes, the accudraw rope sled is a great design for a guy like me who keeps loosing stuff. That's what I had on my 10 point. Discharging the arrow is not a big deal just buy a small discharge block, designate one arrow for the purpose and it will not feel like a burden. 10 point makes great c.bows.
BTW IMO 10 point has the best lighted knock design.

Good luck with it.

Yea shooting into discharge is no big deal to me either. Agree the lighted alpha nocks are bright as hell and can be turned off after recovery to use again. Got a “claw” sling and this narrow design is like carrying a gun. Stays put. 

One thing I will add though is the Grim Reaper practice head did not impact the target the same as field tips on the center punch bolts. The field tip was consistently 2” right and an inch higher. Both were same grain weight

17 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

One thing I will add though is the Grim Reaper practice head did not impact the target the same as field tips on the center punch bolts. The field tip was consistently 2” right and an inch higher. Both were same grain weight

That means the bolts are on the light side for the head ..

‘right on the edge of the correct spine .

little heavier bolt would correct that some .

17 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

That means the bolts are on the light side for the head ..

‘right on the edge of the correct spine .

little heavier bolt would correct that some .

Actually Dan the bolts are 445 grains with 100gr head, one of the heaviest offered and with the heavier brass inserts gives an FOC of 18%. Really doesn’t matter to me if they don’t hit the same spot just thought it was worth mentioning. Too many guys take mechanicals for granted when it comes to hitting where their field points do. I actually think it has more to do with the offset fletch instead of helix. What do you think

Edited by MGHunter66

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Good luck with it, thanks for the review, you definitely did your homework!  :up:

Yea lots of homework and pushing guys to let you shoot them repeatedly. A bit easier than when I bought my rifle though LOL

42 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Actually Dan the bolts are 445 grains with 100gr head, one of the heaviest offered and with the heavier brass inserts gives an FOC of 18%. Really doesn’t matter to me if they don’t hit the same spot just thought it was worth mentioning. Too many guys take mechanicals for granted when it comes to hitting where their field points do. I actually think it has more to do with the offset fletch instead of helix. What do you think

Left and right difference is normally spine difference .

By as you said 445 is heavy .

since both are being shot with same fletch I wouldn’t expect that to be the difference .

nocks all indexed so fletch isn’t rubbing rail slightly ?

9 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Left and right difference is normally spine difference .

By as you said 445 is heavy .

since both are being shot with same fletch I wouldn’t expect that to be the difference .

nocks all indexed so fletch isn’t rubbing rail slightly ?

Yes indexed correctly, tried different bolts also but will double check clearance of each shaft and shoot again. I thought offset maybe steers the fieldpoint less than practice head

Edited by MGHunter66