BillW0323

Good End to a Rough Week

My grandpa passed away last Tuesday peacefully at home at the age of 85 after a long battle with alzheimer's dementia. We buried him this Tuesday at Brigadier General William C. Doyle Memorial Cemetery. Then last Friday a good friend of my wifes passed away of a heart attack at 35 years old (funeral was Sunday). During the week I found out that a meal train was setup for the family (husband, 2 - 17 year old daughters and a 5 year old son) of my wifes friend. After finding out that the husband really enjoys venison stew I told my wife I was gunna go out today in hopes of harvesting a deer in order to make him a bunch of stew.  Well at 9am a good size doe snuck in on me presented me with a quartering away shot at 6 yards. When I found my bolt I noticed that 2 blades never deployed and 1 blade snapped off of my broadhead. Thankfully I broke a shoulder, took out 1 lung  and upon exiting hit the esophagus. She was down within 50 yards. Dropped her off at the butcher and as soon as I get the meat I will be making a bunch of stew and dropping it off for the family. It was a beautiful day in the woods with a great ending. 

9915ABF2-88E2-4FD1-A998-31098EE8F8F4.jpeg

60B237F2-EDD3-4692-83F3-3A7C39AFC076.jpeg

C5AE32F5-5132-43BF-9A05-A4976C8CD5DF.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Great end to a rough week. Good job! I like the butcher you took her too as well. I use him a lot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elusive said:

Great end to a rough week. Good job! I like the butcher you took her too as well. I use him a lot. 

I’ve been hunting 2 miles from his shop for 23 years and I actually only started using him last year. I like his work and have zero complaints. 

• Like 1

Oh man, so sorry to hear Bill. God bless those who passed. Nice thing you're doing for your friends husband.

• Like 1

So sorry for your losses... You never know.. Your a good Man.. prayers sent

• Like 1

That is a nice way to end a very rough week Bill.  

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your week Bill, but glad you found success today and will be passing on more of your generosity.  Prayers to all involved.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your week and your Grandfathers passing. My son is a scout and had placed many flags at that cemetery. I'm sure it going to be some good stew! Congrats!

• Like 1