IGNORED

10/18 Check in

birdshotnj

7 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Yup, this place was wiped out by EHD.  There still are survivors, and I  like hunting here.  Have it mostly all to myself now. I'm at the stage where I like hunting without having to drag one  out.   This is perfect place.

Here's a little somem to pass the time.Should keep you occupied till sunset.:nerd:https://www.americanheritage.com/return-white-tailed-deer

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

20 minutes ago, Nomad said:

You gotta love Greybeard.  The guy is like a ninja sneaking around in the gilla suit.  Like a ghost.  His only flaw, that I can see, is he is hunting in an area where there are no deer. ;)

To kill the deer - one must BECOME the deer....

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

2 doe walked through the drainage ditch but went out into the bulrush instead of coming up into oaks. 50yds.

There gonna come behind you and that BIG tree.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Now is the time boys..... was out for a doe and scouting mission since I’m tagged out. Big bucks grunting and chasing like mad in the last hour of light. All mature deer no dinks. Awesome night just to watch.  It’s on..... Hunterdon county 

Edited by Mallard1100

2 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

Now is the time boys..... was out for a doe and scouting mission since I’m tagged out. Big bucks grunting and chasing like mad in the last hour of light. All mature deer no dinks. Awesome night just to watch.  It’s on..... Hunterdon county 

z10?  Have you been hanging with the Wing again?

Edited by Nomad

I agree with mallard. I didn’t see any does, but I watched/heard a couple of bucks fighting last night. Watched them trash trees and two of them run from scrape to scrape to piss in once the other left. About 10min before shooting light, 2 bucks started fighting and out of nowhere this guy came flying in from behind me. He stopped to watch a little to long. I should add my buddy was hunting less than a mile away and he didn't see any of tge same type of action, but he scored on a better 8, that has to weigh close to 150#.  

9A496F74-BCB9-40C5-9F19-20FFF26407CF.jpeg

A26F9CD5-C8C1-4919-8924-0CF4C4A3A8A7.jpeg

Edited by allmann