IGNORED

Four Doe Spotted

Garry45

My buddy is letting me hunt his property, about 2 acres of land, went up today to do a quick scout of his property before going to class, as soon as I pulled up, saw four doe. My buddy told me there's a six and eight-pointer living on his property, but didn't come across any buck rubs. Gonna have to do some more investigating after I get back from Ft. Dix this weekend...

How's everyone else's hunt/scouting going?

Does.jpg

Thank you, and I have not yet, this is something I am gonna do on sunday. I know that his property line borders the townships property, if I were to get a deer, shouldn't be a problem if it ran off... however, I am gonna set up two trail cams I have where I think the most deer activity is going to be and will go from there. Plan on doing some glassing for a few days next week.

9 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Only 2 acres,stay out of the woods,set up a ground blind near that tree.Don't shoot the doe's there buck bait.Good Luck.

already war gaming on using the does to my advantage, thanks for the tip on the ground blind! Funny thing is I have one, but out of my seven years of hunting, I have only ever used tree stands, might have to give the ground blind try for once.

1 hour ago, Garry45 said:

already war gaming on using the does to my advantage, thanks for the tip on the ground blind! Funny thing is I have one, but out of my seven years of hunting, I have only ever used tree stands, might have to give the ground blind try for once.

All I use is ground blind  with a small piece they are great. I hunt a small piece surrounded by house. Watch property line take only short right on shots. So they do not go far 

good luck - you already got good advice.    2 acres is barely a hunting plot.   And the 6 and 8ptr do not "live there" but they may occupy it at times.    A deer's range is much wider than that.   Make sure you have your recovery plan in place.   A lot of deer have been killed in NJ off plots this size over the years, but the majority of them have to recovered on a different property.   Oh - make sure the WIND is right for your hunt or that small piece will get even smaller real quick.   The deer that are using it will be quick to move on.         Final advice - make this a once in a while spot - only time for a quick hunt (perfect). I have a few spots somewhat similar.   BUT - don't let that be your only hunting experience - so much more to see, try to get onto big tracts of undeveloped land even if it has to be public.     You will experience and learn so much more. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….