Tarhunt

Starting To Get Frustrated.

Great to be be busy John but you still need to make a little time to get out and hunt with your son or by yourself. Life is to short not to enjoy yourself. Hope the health is all good and you get out. 

PS::: Let me know if you need someone to sit in your stand to make sure the stand is safe and the deer are still going by it ;)

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1

I know how you feel, work has really limited my time as well. Won’t even be able to get out most of Halloween week with big projects commanding my time. But... maybe, just maybe the deer gods will shine on us and we will both have a better permit season and score big! 

8 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I agree. My sales were stagnant during the Obama years and with Trump being president, my sales are up 25 percent. 

Next time vote for a democrat so you can hunt more! 👍

We are crazy busy at my office.  Golf outing tomorrow and I was gonna work half day and then sneak out to hunt.  Probably gonna work all day instead.  Make hay while the sun shines.

Some great advantages of being self employed. But this is not one of them.  I carve my time out for hunting and stick to it no matter how busy it gets. But i am not self employed. When i worked from a union i was in same boat as i needed to work as long as there was work. So missed way too much time in the woods. That was part of my decision to take a different route in life. If it is your passion make it happen if it is missing a day of pay. I wish i did back then. 

Amen. I have a 10wk old daughter, am launching a startup and the sole provider right now for my family. Hunting seems nearly impossible but still trying to sneak out for a morning here and there.

It’s a long ass season. Plenty of time left. 3.5 months to be exact!   You will be rewarded with some quality deer when u finally get out there. Good luck!

John I felt the same exact way this season as well. I own my business as well and I refuse to have any employees because the hassle isn’t worth it, so therefore I do all the work. I was working since the middle of March until last Monday to be exact. No days off essentially worked 7 days a week except for 12 days in August that we went to OBX on a family vacation. I did make it out opening day but that was it. I was getting all the text from club members about who is hunting and what they have seen or gotten.  Long story short I just threw down a date and said I am not work past this date not matter what, and now I’m getting to enjoy life again spending time with the family and also getting out in the woods.  Get your money while you can but if you have made enough for the year don’t be afraid to throw down the bag and get in the woods. 

You can only do so much about things like Dr. appointments and obligations to the family. You can manage your busy work schedule better. It's "your" business. I had a small business for 18 years. I always managed to get out in the AM's or PM's even if it was only for an hour or so. You put in a lot of effort to set up for the season. It may not be the best setup right now this year. Deer are heavily feeding on acorns and past setups may not be working yet this year. Example is in one of my spots, I always had deer coming into the Orchard in the evenings. This year it is barren. You may have to change your setup to get on the deer now. Things will change in a few weeks. 

9 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I agree. My sales were stagnant during the Obama years and with Trump being president, my sales are up 25 percent. 

The Obama years were mostly recovering from a Financial Crisis. People did not have "disposable" income. I can see where they would put up with a few pests if they were struggling financially. LOL

• Disturbing 1

I haven't been out once , I took a promotion to boost my exit plan, never did so much OT in my life , son is working his AZZZ off and we just cant align on our schedule . So for all those that are getting out there be safe and  Shoot a Big One !!! hopefully there's a lull soon and i can catch up.

Same boat here, just started a new job, back to 6 days a week. Mother nature seems to know my day off and just kicks me in the ba**s. Hopefully less will be more

17 hours ago, NotJust22s said:

Gotta make time. Kids grow up and we grow old.

I agree but easier said than done. Self employed trump era is money season. 

• Like 2

I know how you all feel !!!  Between kids ( I'm coaching football ) and life ( bought a new house) and work there is just zero time for hunting.  I miss it terribly but, I also know that my oldest will be going to high school next year so my hunting will be back.  Ive only been out twice this year and since I didn't get anything last year I need to get out there and get a good one !!!!!   Patience is the key  I will get one.