IGNORED

Starting To Get Frustrated.

Tarhunt

My son and I had our ground blinds in, new ladder stands installed, shooting lanes trimmed and new batteries installed in the trail cameras well before the season started. And, due to work and other issues, my son went out opening day with me and I went out two other times. I did have a chance to shoot an antlerless deer but, it was a button buck. That's it. And now with doctor's appointments and my work schedule still extremely busy, I hope to get out during NJ permit bow and possibly going out for the VA muzzy season. I know that's it's good to be busy with work, I'm self employed but, it's very frustrating that  I cannot even get out at all to hunt. Sorry, but, I'm just venting.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Hopefully things slow down a bit for you in the next few weeks Tarhunt.  

I hope so. I've been seeing alot of dead deer along the highways which means the bucks are starting to chase does and that's the time to be in the woods. 

1 minute ago, Tarhunt said:

I hope so. I've been seeing alot of dead deer along the highways which means the bucks are starting to chase does and that's the time to be in the woods. 

Relax.    I have to wait until permit bow and I am not upset at all.  Usually burn myself out and screw everything up before prime time, which will come last week of Oct. and of course into November.

27 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

My son and I had our ground blinds in, new ladder stands installed, shooting lanes trimmed and new batteries installed in the trail cameras well before the season started. And, due to work and other issues, my son went out opening day with me and I went out two other times. I did have a chance to shoot an antlerless deer but, it was a button buck. That's it. And now with doctor's appointments and my work schedule still extremely busy, I hope to get out during NJ permit bow and possibly going out for the VA muzzy season. I know that's it's good to be busy with work, I'm self employed but, it's very frustrating that  I cannot even get out at all to hunt. Sorry, but, I'm just venting.

I too am self employed, same boat been out once with my daughter for an afternoon hunt. We had fun but didn't see a deer, so I know exactly how you feel.

I feel you. I work 7 days a week in a small family business with my father, it's real estate so you don't turn away business when it comes. But god bless my parents because no matter how busy we are they hound me to make sure I take time to get out in the woods, and they don't even hunt. Hopefully you get things straighten out and get out there. Fresh air never killed anyone

Venting is good, stressing is bad.  Will lead to more Drs.Sucks you can't get out at what your thinking is best time of year to get out. It's hunting not April 15th where you have to be on time. Your preparation puts you in position to score when you do get out. Think positive that your pre hunting strategy will pay off. We'll be here when you post a successful day. Cheers

I blame this damn Trump economy.  I too work for myself and have been busy as hell because of our damn President and this economy.  I can barely get out to hunt, haven't been out once yet this year.  I think the only hunting I'll be doing is muzzleloader season and hunting in NH.

Like you, if I have the option to make money or hunt, I'm going with the cash.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

4 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I blame this damn Trump economy.  I too work for myself and have been busy as hell because of our damn President and this economy.  I can barely get out to hunt, haven't been out once yet this year.  I think the only hunting I'll be doing is muzzleloader season and hunting in NH.

Like you, if I have the option to make money or hunt, I'm going with the cash.

I agree. My sales were stagnant during the Obama years and with Trump being president, my sales are up 25 percent.