IGNORED

for the guys who split firewood by hand

Kype

Fiskars splitter for the win -- I also use bungee cord and a short piece of lightweight chain -- wrap the log you're going to split with the bungee and chain then when you hit it the piece doesn't fall off your splitting block -- split the whole log then remove bungee and chain

Same Idea as the tire around the log just that you're not stuck to one size and my setup is lighter

i could use the excerise. and like i said a hydraulic splitter isnt even an option after buying a house and a wood stove installed 2 weeks after closing :rofl: 

i think i will pick up a 6 pounder and just pick away at a wood pile. ill have fun with it and next year when im ready to burn the wood itll be nice to say i split it all by hand. 

8 minutes ago, Kype said:

i could use the excerise. and like i said a hydraulic splitter isnt even an option after buying a house and a wood stove installed 2 weeks after closing :rofl: 

i think i will pick up a 6 pounder and just pick away at a wood pile. ill have fun with it and next year when im ready to burn the wood itll be nice to say i split it all by hand. 

I enjoy splitting,  I do a couple of hours each week year round.  For me it's more about the fresh air and exercise than it is about heating the house.  

1 hour ago, Woodsman416 said:

post-1547-0-23109800-1504661041_thumb.jpgpost-1547-0-83142400-1504661088_thumb.jpg

I use a tire too. I put the round up on the block with a pickeroon. doing it this way is a real back saver.

Ok I had to look up Pickaroon (subtract some man points - sorry).   Pretty cool.   You old guys got it down to a science!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….