Few More Weeks Then Look For Sheds

BHC

Joe, try the other side of that mountain, it's been clear for a few days at least. The area in your picture is the North/West facing slope....Doesn't get nearly the amount of sunlight - melt/evaporation of the snow.

The difference between the two sides is significant. In fact, most of the sheds will likely be found on the South facing slope anyway, because of the brutal cold and snow depths, those deer likely moved to areas where they could get some warm sun, block themselves from cold North winds and for the faster decrease in snow depth. 

Most of our snow is gone here now, but there are still pockets of snow on Northern facing slopes and some of the heavily shaded areas. Almost all lakes/ponds are still ice covered. In fact, I was surprised to see that people are still ice-fishing on Lake Hopatcong when I drove by yesterday. And I'm sure they're ice-fishing again today.

This is the latest I ever remember experiencing the effects of Winter.  

It's been decades since we've had snow on the ground this late.  It's not as bad as it was a few days ago when 100% of our ground was still covered, but the northern facing slopes are still nearly fully blanketed.  Today's high temp for my area was supposed to be in the mid 40s and at least partly sunny.  We saw zero sun and the high was 37.  It's 27 now and falling.....argh.