LPJR

NJDFW New Licensing and Automated Harvest Report System up and running

31 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

What’s the deal with all these extra fees?!

Wasn't there fees in the old site too? I remember having to pay a couple dollars extra when ordering online. I don't remember exact amounts - did they increase the fees?

7 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Wasn't there fees in the old site too? I remember having to pay a couple dollars extra when ordering online. I don't remember exact amounts - did they increase the fees?

It was $2 for shipping 

9 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Lunatic is correct. It was a shipping fee only for not even $2 which of course was reasonable. The rest of this crap I’m reading is complete bullshit. 

21 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Correct number is...855-488-6865

Did you try it? I don't get thru with 488,I get thru with 448............

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, toxo said:

Did you try it? I don't get thru with 488,I get thru with 448............

Just called.Your right I'm wrong.Got it from email from division, there wrong?lol.Thanks Toxo,I'll edit my original post.

Upgraded License System Up and Running

D

Division of Fish and Wildlife <[email protected]>

Wed 10/16/2019 5:02 PM

To:

rascalbob

The major upgrade of the Division's licensing system is now complete! WELCOME TO CONVENIENCE!

ALL LICENSES AND PERMITS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE  

HUNTER EDUCATION REGISTRATION IS OPEN

STANDARD HARVEST REPORTING HAS RESUMED ONLINE AND AT 855-I-HUNT-NJ (855-488-6865)

The new system includes many improvements and conveniences such as:

License agents have expanded capabilities and offer all licenses, permits and stamps. NOTE: If purchasing at a license agent, please contact them first to ensure their onsite system upgrade is complete

Online purchases of all licenses, permits and stamps

Site is completely mobile friendly

Ability to view previous harvest records

Apprentice licenses can be obtained ONLINE

License System FAQs

Questions? Contact Us

Edited by hunterbob1
  • Like 1

Just walked through buying my 3 buck tags plus 6 permits. Bow, muzzle,shotgun. Total of $252.00  Connivence fee To print at home $16.38...total $268.38...  Now if I want them to send me a hard copy, the fees go to $35.55,,,total$287.55.  WTF F&G.?.. Since I have to buy my boys the same permits I will drive to an agent and save $105....

Edited by JJoe

Those convenience fees sound outlandish.  Any chance it's a mistake?  I've purchased out of state licenses and printed them out at home, if there was a fee it was small enough to go unnoticed ($2 maybe).  It's not like the state isn't getting enough funding from licenses and permits, crazy to put even more on hunters.  What's next, online ONLY purchases and forced "convenience" fees?  I'll be going to an agent to buy mine as well to save the money.

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Those convenience fees sound outlandish.  Any chance it's a mistake?  I've purchased out of state licenses and printed them out at home, if there was a fee it was small enough to go unnoticed ($2 maybe).  It's not like the state isn't getting enough funding from licenses and permits, crazy to put even more on hunters.  What's next, online ONLY purchases and forced "convenience" fees?  I'll be going to an agent to buy mine as well to save the money.

It’s NJ they are shameless when it comes to stealing our money

• Agree 1

I hope it is Matt..Do a trial run and add to ur cart.. Need to change the explanation to inconvenient fees...:shock:

7 minutes ago, JJoe said:

I hope it is Matt..Do a trial run and add to ur cart.. Need to change the explanation to inconvenient fees...:shock:

Extortion fees :vomit::rofl:

• Agree 2

Undocumented "convenience fees" are a way for the state to increase the cost of hunting without actually going through the proper processes to increase the cost (avoids things like public hearings, etc.).  Convenience fees don't have to be justified.

Just another back-door progressive way to force us to stop hunting.  Their plan is to make things too expensive for regular people to do.

FYI I tried to go to a license agent this weekend and they were not upgraded yet to print licenses.  Owner said something about a 4 hour video they are required to watch to teach them about the new system and upgrade process (that they have to do themselves).  He said he was still waiting for the video.

So, if you plan on going to an agent, call ahead and check to see if they are capable of printing licenses.

I wound up just ordering mine online and eating the fees, which is probably the objective of making this upgrade harder on agents and also during the peak of deer hunting season.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 7:44 AM, thefirstndsecond said:

there should be a decrease in fees for printing your own license and not using the states paper.

That's why I stick with agents.  Think it was $3 extra to print it yourself when they first went online.  According to the walmart manager in Newton, they aren't going to sell licenses until fishing season.  Still have the sign up saying system is down do to the state.  Maybe he's anti hunter and needs to be taken off the states agent list.  Skylands sport shop on 206 was up and running Wednsday as the state had said it would be, and didn't mention anything about the video.

Totally the stupidest thing the DFW could do is to do this in the middle of the season

Edited by Greybeard

This process sounds tough. I am going to continue to go to a License Agent in person to get my NJ hunting license,Turkey Permits, and to check one in if, I am lucky.