IGNORED

photographer needing mammal info from fishermen

bmknj17

• 2 years later...

Been a few years. Figure it can't hurt to ask again...

This is a slightly edited paste of my initial post...

I'm a wildlife photographer (Middlesex County) very interested in shooting hard to find mammals--otter, mink, weasel, beaver, coyote, gray fox, bobcat, flying squirrel, black bear. These aren't the kinds of subjects any of the hundreds of Jersey wildlife photographers with whom I'm connected on-line know where to reliably find or (for the most part, unless they live where the subjects do) often get. Only interested in/capable of daylight shooting (I have , for instance, several beaver locations but, as is most often but not always the case, they are all nocturnal there .).

If anyone could provide very specific and very reliable location information for any of these, I'd, if interested, be happy to provide  an 11 x 14 print (for which I charge $100 at shows) if I'm successful using it. I did this once here.

Also very interested in a great horned owl (my number one goal species) and reptiles and, in particular, rattlesnakes or Northern pines. I take 4 or 5 trips per year to Sussex County--including to a known rattler/copperhead den (THIS DEN IS NOW OFF LIMITS SO NO LONGER AN OPTION.)--looking for rattlers, bear, beaver, etc., and come home empty handed almost every time.

Very respectful of subjects and confidential information. Will link to my images for anyone wanting to see the quality of my work before sharing.

Thanks for any consideration.

I've since gotten my black bear cub but would still like an adult, and I found an ideal location for white-tailed buck. I've done 11 trips to one location recommended by multiple members here for a total of about 10 seconds with the subject in question, and I'll resume that effort once the leaves are off the trees so that there's enough light for photos.

With as many (several hundred) New Jersey subjects as I've already obtained, there are days when I'm available to shoot but have no viable locations worth trying. I can only do two hour drives for Hail Mary shots so many times.

Thanks to anyone interested in responding, here or privately (as most of the helpful responses were the first time).

Brett

Thanks x2.

Ken Lockwood Gorge is where I did the 11 trips, all in the past few winters when leaves were off the trees (for better light). 

Was headed there Wednesday but heard about traffic on 78 so continued up to the Gap instead. Drove around aimlessly, walked some places, seeing nothing (one pheasant), as usual. 

Sat for four hours at the Gorge yesterday--no mink. Going back today or tomorrow (trading better light for not freezing).

Brett

UPDATE: Did 5 hours on Saturday as well. No luck.
Edited by bmknj17