IGNORED

photographer needing mammal info from fishermen

bmknj17

I'm a wildlife photographer (Middlesex County) very interested in shooting hard to find mammals--otter, mink, weasel, beaver, but also coyote, gray fox, bobcat, flying squirrel, even bear. These aren't the kinds of subjects any of the hundreds of Jersey wildlife photographers with whom I'm connected on-line know where to find or (for the most part) ever get. Only interested in/capable of daylight shooting.

If anyone could provide very specific and very reliable location information for any of these, I'd, if interested, be happy to provide  an 11 x 14 print (for which I charge $100 at shows) if I'm successful using it.

Also very interested in reptiles and, in particular, rattlesnakes. I take 4 or 5 trips per year to Sussex County--including to a known rattler/copperhead den--looking for rattlers, bear, beaver, etc., and come home empty handed almost every time.

Very respectful of subjects and confidential information. Will link to my images for anyone wanting to see the quality of my work before sharing.

Thanks for any consideration.

Follow a guy going out to hunt in north Jersey - the northern guys are constantly complaining about all the bears :)

There are a couple guys you should reach out to here - check out the  Photograph and Videography forum here:

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/forums/forum/53-photography-and-videography

There's a couple members that are into photographing and take great shots. I'm sure if you PM them, they can give you pointers.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I'm well established as a wildlife photographer in the state and understand all I'm up against in terms of research/obtaining information, safety, time spent, etc. I have limitations I won't get into publicly which explain why I'm posting this here but I'm wiling to do anything I can to (ethically) obtain images of interest. I didn't post in the photography section because they're not likely the ones that can help since, again, almost none pursue these subjects.

Didn't expect to be bombarded with secret locations. I'm simply asking if any individuals are willing to share information; no expectations. I understand most might not and the value of secrecy for one's own self and for the wildlife but since photography is not consumptive I thought I might be able to get a lead or two, which is better than nothing, and that a print might be some small incentive.

I've had others tell me they'd or actually share very specific information such as the den locations for mink, otter, and the aforementioned rattlers, inviting me to their yards to shoot flying squirrels at night, etc., but those haven't produced results for various reasons (some don't follow through, some I just didn't get the shot yet, some that I haven't been able to follow up yet, etc.). 

I'd intended to forward the link to my photostream only directly to those who request it since I don't want to invite any antagonism on that site, but, so anyone considering the exchange can evaluate their interest in the quality of what I do...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26398858@N02/

Thanks again.

Like others had said the animals you’re looking for are extremely elusive! I hunt a property that has plenty of gray fox and coyote tracks but the creatures that make them are a rare sight. I get gray fox pics on my camera all the time, all at night and I’ve only ever seen one during daylight. That’s hunting there for the last 30 years! Seen coyotes a handful of times and a mink once. Though if a deer is left overnight it’s a 50/50 shot the coyotes get to it 

So to probably be successful you need to setup a hide and NatGeo style stay in there for days on end for your few seconds of footage! After you’ve narrowed down the best location with hours and hours of scouting and trail cameras. Sorry to possibly burst the bubble! 

4 hours ago, bmknj17 said:

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I'm well established as a wildlife photographer in the state and understand all I'm up against in terms of research/obtaining information, safety, time spent, etc. I have limitations I won't get into publicly which explain why I'm posting this here but I'm wiling to do anything I can to (ethically) obtain images of interest. I didn't post in the photography section because they're not likely the ones that can help since, again, almost none pursue these subjects.

Didn't expect to be bombarded with secret locations. I'm simply asking if any individuals are willing to share information; no expectations. I understand most might not and the value of secrecy for one's own self and for the wildlife but since photography is not consumptive I thought I might be able to get a lead or two, which is better than nothing, and that a print might be some small incentive.

I've had others tell me they'd or actually share very specific information such as the den locations for mink, otter, and the aforementioned rattlers, inviting me to their yards to shoot flying squirrels at night, etc., but those haven't produced results for various reasons (some don't follow through, some I just didn't get the shot yet, some that I haven't been able to follow up yet, etc.). 

I'd intended to forward the link to my photostream only directly to those who request it since I don't want to invite any antagonism on that site, but, so anyone considering the exchange can evaluate their interest in the quality of what I do...

Thanks again.

You have some nice pics in there

Good luck

5 hours ago, bmknj17 said:

Thanks again.

WOW, beautiful pictures bmk.  :up::up: