IGNORED

Nov. 2 2A Rally in DC

If I didn't go down to DC every week (I am writing this from my hotel outside of DC right now), I'd go.  I wasn't aware of it, but am trying to figure out a way to possibly work the week here, stay a bit longer, and then go home on Sunday.  Not looking likely, but it's worth the effort.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, smittty said:

I don't understand why a site like this don't have a few buses going. I will probably get some heat saying that but it's the truth and I don't mean to sound like a jerk off and I know some have to work but there's a lot that will be in the woods instead

This is why they walk all over us. Because we let them.

Edited by mikejd

I can tell you the rally matters less than writing, calling, and voting.

We have a 2A farmer rally in may at the PA capital building.

There are no Democrats in the building so we cant talk to them.

The Republicans that are there it is still a game.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

He is running for city council. I hope he wins.

https://www.facebook.com/MajForPhilly/

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

This man is awesome. He is one of the few successful gun rights attorneys in PA.

Jones Mirrowitz is another.  Write the names down for just in case in PA.

Back to the top. 

More information - http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=352448

To the top.. for awareness.. 

Maybe there could be an announcement thread just in case people want to go?

Maybe an alert banner?

Rally for the 2nd Amendment-November 2nd-Washington DC

Gun owners, rights activists, and lovers of liberty will be gathering on the lawn of the Capitol in Washington DC on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019, at 1:00 in the afternoon.

If you live within 200 miles of DC, there is little excuse for missing this critical event, and many people who live much farther away will be doing whatever it takes to be there.

The currently listed speakers are:

Eric Blandford (IV8888)

Craig Deluz (FPC)

Dianna Muller (DC Project)

Jonathan Patton (TGC)

Mike Sodini (WTTA)

Chris Cheng (Topshot)

Joshua Prince (Lawyer)

Erich Pratt (GOA)

Kevin Dixie (NOC)

Kenn Blanchard (Black Man with a Gun)

Gabby Franco (competitive shooter)

Cheryl Todd (Gun Freedom Radio)

Matt Larosiere (Firearms Policy Coalition)

Maj Toure (Black Guns Matter)

Rob Pincus (2nd Amendment Organization)

Jeff Knox (Firearms Coalition)

Anthony Colandro (Gun For Hire)

http://2ndamendmentrally.com/

This is a grassroots effort, and you are the grassroots. Without the active participation of you and other grassroots activists, this isn’t going to work. At the recent Gun Rights Policy Conference, activist Nicki Stallard characterized the difference between rights activists and gun control extremists, saying that we’re herding cats, while they are stampeding cattle. That’s pretty accurate, though I think sheep or lemmings would be more appropriate in describing anti-rights activists.

WE are the Gun Lobby. We can no longer let someone else do it for us, or say “I gave at the office.” It’s up to You. You must communicate with your elected servants – whether they agree with you or not – and be sure that they know what you expect from them. You must help elect politicians that understand and respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You must be sure that your family, your friends, your coworkers, your church family, your kids’ friends and their parents, all know the importance of the Second Amendment and the fallacy of gun control laws.

You don’t have to be a scholar or an expert, but you do need to do what you can. Politicians don’t actually read your letters and emails, nor do they get detailed notes about your phone calls. The majority of the time, a low-level staffer looks at your correspondence and puts a check-mark in a “For” or “Against” column, which is then relayed to the politician in the form of a report: “362 constituent comments opposing Bill xyz, 48 supporting it.” That’s it. So find a couple of resources you trust to keep you up-to-date on what’s going on in Washington and your state capitol, and when they ask you to take action, take action – every time they ask. And call your elected servants once a week to make sure your check-mark is counted.

Anti-rights extremists think they have the upper hand right now because of the troubles at the NRA and the public’s emotional reaction to the horrific acts of a few murderous lunatics. Those anti-rights extremists are counting on you to shuffle around in circles wringing your hands and wondering what to do.

Even some in our own movement are more concerned about how it might look if only a few rights activists show up at the Capitol on November 2nd. What a self-defeating attitude. They’re not going to attend or encourage others to attend because there might not be enough people in attendance to make a good showing…? Get on-board or get out of the way. Call that defeatist attitude out for what it is.

Still others argue that they won’t attend because the laws of the District insist that they be disarmed, and they refuse to do that. I get that, I truly do. I well know the discomfort of “going naked,” especially in “enemy territory.” If such fears don’t deter Representative Steve Scalise, they shouldn’t deter you.

The core message of the 2nd Amendment Rally, is “We Are the Gun Lobby,” as in “We the People,” and we demand that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights be respected and adhered to. The speakers list is above, and President Trump, Vice President Pence, Representative Scalise, Representative Massie, Senator Paul, and other congressional leaders have been invited, to join with grassroots rights leaders and activists from around the country.

Are you going to be there, or are you going to come up with an excuse?

It all comes down to YOU and what you’re willing to do. Get three buddies and plan a road-trip, or better yet, get six buddies and borrow your wife’s minivan. Or even better, get forty or fifty buddies and charter a bus. Push your groups to be involved, and volunteer to help. You can make all the difference.

This could be the most important Second Amendment event of our lifetime. Only You can ensure that it’s a success. Go to www.2ndAmendmentRally.com to register and get more information.

Together we can shake up Washington and save the republic. Let’s roll.

more info: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/2nd-amendment-rally-planned-nov-2-in-washington-d-c/#axzz62rIxwGJD

Thank you for your continued support