IGNORED

Pheasant Hunting 11/9

moderncaveman

Fist fights..

Was that fight really over a parking space?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

2 hours ago, birdshotnj said:

Bring a bullet proof vest and a helmet. 5 years ago, I'd go with you in a heartbeat, but I just dont enjoy NJ bird hunting anymore. Guys shooting at you, fistfights over a damn chicken, etc..I'm sure you will find someone to link up with. Good luck and have fun

lmaooo this made me chuckle. It's that bad huh? Dam I figured pheasant hunting would be a hell of a good time, looks like I'll have to keep my head on a swivel, more than usual. 

I'm located in Union County. 

4 minutes ago, Shootemandmountem said:

Do yourself a favor, pay for the preserve hunt

This is something I think I will do in the future, definitely when I have kids. Just found out about these today, actually.  But I figure I'm new enough with enough excitement to brave the public land haha.

Will likely change after a few seasons (or the first day). 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just the first 30 minutes are bad but that’s when everyone without a dog or a decent dog go through and shoot and miss a lot.

wait until the first big push is done then go in afterwards they leave plenty behind. That’s what I do and I usually limit out in the first hour. I have a good dog though.

2 minutes ago, Bones said:

Just the first 30 minutes are bad but that’s when everyone without a dog or a decent dog go through and shoot and miss a lot.

wait until the first big push is done then go in afterwards they leave plenty behind. That’s what I do and I usually limit out in the first hour. I have a good dog though.

Bingo, go grab breakfast while the looney tune crowd is out then get out there around 9:30am or so and you’ll have most of the place to yourself. 

AWM

9 minutes ago, Bones said:

This 100% I run into idiots but it’s not nearly as bad as Everyone is saying after the first hour of each stocking day. If you are in it for the hunt- go after 9 am and you will enjoy yourself. Tell someone with a dog you are just getting into. If you are a good dude- most will let you tag along. Maybe We can meet half way (I’m in south jersey) one day this season and I’ll run my dogs and let you enjoy the hunt. 

find a field that has been hit hard- go to the woods surrounding it and you will find a bird or two. 

Edited by Hawkeye57

1 hour ago, Hawkeye57 said:

This 100% I run into idiots but it’s not nearly as bad as Everyone is saying after the first hour of each stocking day. If you are in it for the hunt- go after 9 am and you will enjoy yourself. Tell someone with a dog you are just getting into. If you are a good dude- most will let you tag along. Maybe We can meet half way (I’m in south jersey) one day this season and I’ll run my dogs and let you enjoy the hunt. 

find a field that has been hit hard- go to the woods surrounding it and you will find a bird or two. 

Thanks for the advice. I will def put it to good use. I grew up in South Jersey, Voorhees area, and went to school at Stockton. I'll report back after the first hunt, and let you guys know how it went, and all the things I learned. 

Thanks for all the replies. Cheers!