IGNORED

Anyone try a HEATED VEST ?

JHbowhunter

Always looking to improve warmth on stand, but minimize bulk, layers, etc.   Went to a Cabela's Wooltimate suit last year which was very form fitting and very warm for it's "thickness" which is not bulky at all.     However in the cooler temps, always felt that I needed something more. I wear a light down vest under it but still want a little more warmth when it's 22 degrees or colder. 

I think if I just replace the light down vest with this electric heated vest - problem solved. 

Anybody have something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SZCSWKJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A24PDQTZ0F8BWC&psc=1

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

16 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I have one but I also have heated kidney belt which keeps you much warmer than the vest. My vest and belt is made by Garbing and I bought with it battery with remote control. This way it is easy to turn it on and if it adjust the heat level without very little movement. The belt is all I use

didn't consider the belt  - that might just be enough to take that edge off..  Keep the light down vest, use my fleece neck muffler, and the heat belt... Thanks for the tip I will look into it

I shot a big 10pt once….

This would not only provide warmth in the kidney areas, but provide added lumbar support..

Not a bad idea!

https://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Heating-Therapy-Abdominal-Suitable/dp/B075XLK5S3/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=heated+kidney+belt&qid=1570887177&s=apparel&sr=1-1-catcorr

I shot a big 10pt once….

16 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

didn't consider the belt  - that might just be enough to take that edge off..  Keep the light down vest, use my fleece neck muffler, and the heat belt... Thanks for the tip I will look into it

It is hard to believe, and I wouldn’t without trying, but you are warmer with the belt on. That heat from lower back makes you feel toasty and the belt is wide. 

41 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It is hard to believe, and I wouldn’t without trying, but you are warmer with the belt on. That heat from lower back makes you feel toasty and the belt is wide. 

how long does the charge last?

I shot a big 10pt once….

Are you sitting or stalking?

I have a buddy who's got a heated vest and loves it.  I never use one, but I have two different sets of clothing:  one for extended sits and one for stalking.  I cannot stalk in my sitting gear because I'll sweat like it's raining, but I can do some short (30-45 minutes) sits in the stalking gear, but I can also move around and still hunt with it without sweating.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.