Sign in to follow this  
DBuck

Sportsman guide/ Outdoor products customer service

Over a month ago I bought a ladder stand from Sportsmans guide.  I go to put it together and find that the hardware package is missing, the only thing in there was the ladder stand and harness. I call Sportsmans guide customer service and they gave me the number to outdoor products customer service.  I reach out to their customer service, it took a week for anyone to respond to my messages. Finally someone calls me back. This guy promises me that the issue will get taken care of. After weeks of emails  and phone calls(messages) to him I only received one reply from him via email. Saying that it's taking time locating the missing parts. Now I'm pissed, so I call the customer service number again and ask for someone higher up then the reps. The guy says absolutely and gives me the number to the manager. I call him on Friday and left him a message, Monday he calls me back and left me a message. Called him Tuesday, got a recording , left a message saying that I would call back today, I did and he answered. He asks me what stand I bought and what was missing. I told him. He says "oh Christ, I'll just send you a new one". Then he asks me if I use hang ons and what height I usually hunt from. I told him yes and usually around 20 feet. So on top of the ladder stand, he's going to send me 25 feet of ladder sticks as a bonus for my troubles. I thanked him (numerous times) and told him that his actions definitely changed my opinion of the company's customer service and appreciated his professionalism. He doesn't want the other stand back and said that I can just throw it away or use it for parts. I was just hoping for the bag of hardware from the original stand I purchased.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

I was a long time patron of Cabela's when Dick and Jim owned it before the new greedy regime went public.

Been buying from the guide ever since. There great,wish the store wasn't so far away.lol.Oh well.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by hunterbob1

About two months ago I ordered a few things and a day or so went by and I seen an email that it was shipped and I looked at there shipping list and there were two 50cal ammo boxes on there that I did not order so I called customer service and they said that it was shipped already and they would put the funds back and to keep the cans ad a gift 

Always have been top notch customer service with me. Guide gets most of my business