I dont know what you guys are seeing but my cams lit up the last few days. Bucks chasing does. Scrapes are kicked wide open, trees are getting rubbed and bucks are sparring pretty good. Cams on scrapes are seeing the best action

Seems a few weeks early to me 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Temp change the last week I have seen a large increase in movement aswell. Lots of scrapes getting worked hard. Good time to catch one. Good luck 🤙🏼

• Like 2

I saw a lot of movement but my buddies a few hundred yards away saw some big boys chasing. I thought it’s a little early, but who am to argue with nature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I saw some scrapes opened up this past weekend. Had a small 6ptr make 3 rubs and open a scrape near my stand Saturday afternoon.

He put in a show for almost 40 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't been out in a while, but I pulled cards last week and a fox hunt that came through really had them moving.

Noticed three new scrapes on the field edge walking in last evening. I would imagine the change in temps got them going a bit.

I sat on a fresh rub line yesterday afternoon and saw a six and an 8 pointer. I also have watched numerous bucks chase doe and have pictures of light sparring. It’s typical early pre rut behavior. Not too early here for my neck. At least not for the 1 and 2 year olds. Usually Halloween for the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

October is the start of mating season. Approxiamately 10% of the does are actuall bred in October. About 85% in November and the remainder between December and January. We just associate November as the rut month but there is breeding happening already according to a study I read many years ago.

Not sure if this old 6 point wants to eat her for a snack or tap that ass lol

WGI_0042 (1).JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hemlock said:

Not sure if this old 6 point wants to eat her for a snack or tap that ass lol

WGI_0042 (1).JPG

He probably wants to eat her before he taps her

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah they’ve been chasing here too , but not surprising , only 1/4 mile away . Had three different ones move the does out off the plot . One Real busted up what would have been an 8 point.  Guess he’s been brawling .