IGNORED

Has Anyone Here Ever Have A Liver Biopsy?

Tarhunt

Maybe 15 years ago...it was pretty simple & painless, more time consuming than anything. The Dr. shot a needle type tool through my skin that grabbed a piece of liver tissue; I had to hang out a few hours to make sure there were no complications, and wasn't allowed to drive myself home. 

I would rather do this 100 times before doing another colonoscopy prep.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

I had one about 15 years ago when I was diagnosed with Hep-C.  They put yo in am MRI to determine exactly where they need to stick the needle. I don't remember being under general anesthesia, but I don't recall it hurting either. There was a big bruise there afterward. 

I went turkey hunting the next day against medical advise. Bottom line is it's not that bad.

If you are doing it for hep-C you lucked out. They have a new treatment now that is 100% effective with minimal side effects. When I had it the treatment was Interferon and Riboviran.  This treatment has significant side effects and is less than 100% effective. In my case the side effects weren't anywhere as bad as they said it would be and I was completely cured. The downside was it took over two years of weekly injections.  With the new treatment you will have an "undectible viral load" in a few months.