IGNORED

Box Call

2Barrel

Well, after a couple years messing around making box call's I think I finally did it. This is a Walnut over poplar box that is one piece construction. NO GLUE. The box itself is 8.0 inches with the lid being 9 1/4 inches. Call has excellent rollover and some nice clean rasp to boot. This is basically a prototype and there may be some changes to it but I'm REAL happy the way it is. Gonna be making them out of other wood combos also. Going to take it hunting this year and work the balls out of it. Probably will have them for sale next year. Gonna be adding some pyrography work to them also. Heres a couple of pics.

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

Hand Turned Pot Calls and All Wood Grunt Tubes.

https://www.facebook.com/KobleCalls

Looks beautiful! Nice work!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Cant wait to try this call out in a real hunting situation. But today was close enough as I tryed it out on some non huntable turkeys in my town. Hit some yelps and cackles with it and the toms were going off. I knew I was doing good when a hen started yelping back at me. I imitated her every yelp and cackle and man was she pissed off. She finally came running up to the truck lookin for a fight then spooked. All in all real happy with the sound of the call.

Cant wait to try this call out in a real hunting situation. But today was close enough as I tryed it out on some non huntable turkeys in my town. Hit some yelps and cackles with it and the toms were going off. I knew I was doing good when a hen started yelping back at me. I imitated her every yelp and cackle and man was she pissed off. She finally came running up to the truck lookin for a fight then spooked. All in all real happy with the sound of the call.

That's great! Great to hear that turkeys were gobbling too!

All the turkeys in my area are realy fired up. Gobbling, fighting and chasing. The rut is on LOL

That is great! But still a month to go! I haven't seen any signs rut action by me yet.  The snow is just finally melting.  All I have found is a couple areas of scratching, a few sets of tracks and a roost tree.

That is great! But still a month to go! I haven't seen any signs rut action by me yet.  The snow is just finally melting.  All I have found is a couple areas of scratching, a few sets of tracks and a roost tree.

To tell ya the truth. I was realy suprised to see them so fired up so early in the game. Like you said, snow just melted and its still realy cold out. But, what I saw today tells me its starting. Gonna be days there fired up and days where ya hear nothing till its in full swing.