IGNORED

Safety Harness

allmann

3 minutes ago, allmann said:

Are there any other companies that you guys suggest? They don't have anything larger than a L and I have a 34" waist, add winter camo and it definitely won't fit

I wear a XL alpine Bod, have a 38" waist . works fine through medium weight clothes

For heavy clothes I have a Diamond Coulor in XXL

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I was a sinner for many years... 25’ high on a crotch stand with no harness at all. Now i do wear a harness but it is a modified vest type with no around the leg straps. It works for me, very comfortable and allows me once suspended to manipulate to face the tree easily and get out of a suspended situation.  Not advocating it to anyone but if you don’t test how you are going to get out of a suspended situation... you’re in trouble

AWM

5 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Use the classic shape in steel, no aluminum, cast, or s shaped

1FD56052-CE50-4EEC-9826-103CD6E837C1.thumb.jpeg.307b3b61fd2abca11c9d42edc6cbc271.jpeg

please don't use that kind of snap.

the 2 cent spring that makes them work can fail at any time making it open.

ON any life line only use a snap that has to parts that need to move to open it.

saw guys come out of trees using single action snaps that were twice as good as the one you posted

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

From the time I could walk I was roaming the neighborhoods and woods looking for climbing trees.  We would climb to the top of the tallest 100 foot spruce trees and dangle on the tiny, thin branches at the tip top of the tree.  We would laugh and yell, hang by our knees upsidedown.  My Dad thought it was great and took photos. Oddly my Mom was not alarmed either.

When I started bow hunting I used to look for good trees to climb and a nice branch that I could sit on and at a decent height where I could shoot my longbow.  Killed lots of deer like that.  Then came the Baker Stands, now they were dangerous!;)

Nothing wrong with being adventurous and living life on the edge either!  Maybe doing it the hard way.  Sitting on a branch and killing a deer because no one else does that!  

Sorry for the rant!

20140430_210539_zpsd3169f64.jpg

Edited by Nomad

4 minutes ago, allmann said:

You certainly can if it makes you feel safer. The classic i posted above has been used by professional rock climbers for years because it allows one handed access leaving your other hand free to hold onto something safely... but hey what do I know :rolleyes:

AWM

22 minutes ago, Nomad said:

From the time I could walk I was roaming the neighborhoods and woods looking for climbing trees.  We would climb to the top of the tallest 100 foot spruce trees and dangle on the tiny, thin branches at the tip top of the tree.  We would laugh and yell, hang by our knees upsidedown.  My Dad thought it was great and took photos. Oddly my Mom was not alarmed either.

When I started bow hunting I used to look for good trees to climb and a nice branch that I could sit on and at a decent height where I could shoot my longbow.  Killed lots of deer like that.  Then came the Baker Stands, now they were dangerous!;)

Nothing wrong with being adventurous and living life on the edge either!  Maybe doing it the hard way.  Sitting on a branch and killing a deer because no one else does that!  

Sorry for the rant!

20140430_210539_zpsd3169f64.jpg

Bro we are cut from the same cloth. Still proud to say in my 50’s if a branch is within 6’ of the ground I can still pull my body up and shimmy my ass up the branches of any tree LOL 

AWM