allmann

Safety Harness

I am looking for a new safety harness. What does everyone suggest. 

• Like 1

I use an old Loggy Bayou like the one Bob and AJ posted on here for sale. I like it a lot. My sons use the muddy harness and I like that one too. If I was going to purchase a new one I would go with the muddy harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I personally use the Hunter Safety System Harness. If I was much less of a man.. :rofl: I would use the spider system.

Bob & AJ's has this one on here for sale - 

I am looking for a new safety harness. What does everyone suggest. 
Muddy

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I love my HSS harness.  You don't feel it when it's on.  I've never fallen, so I assume it will work just fine if I do, but at least it doesn't get in my way.  

• Winner 1

I use the HSS as well. When I climb I attach to the Blinded Hunting tree strap,,,,,super easy and quick

• Like 1

I use a muddy and like it. Only thing is I taped all the extra webbing that hangs all over once it’s adjusted to your size. It is very easy to put on and nothing hanging to get in the way or make any noise.

• Like 1

Rock climbing harness. No need to worry about dying of suspension trauma or hanging there with your back to the tree. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, hammer4reel said:

Diamond alpine bod.

its a little lighter than the Bod harness.

dont even know it’s on

Been using this one for years

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Diamond alpine bod.

its a little lighter than the Bod harness.

dont even know it’s on

You must be laughing seeing me recommend this. It shows even old dogs can learn and change :happywave:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lunatic said:

That's the exact one I have and use.

Check the sizes if/when you order a rock climbing harness - for one, the sizes run small (what the rock climbing community calls an XL is not what the rest of society thinks of as XL -- there are no fat rock climbers :)  :). Secondly, you will normally wear these over bulky cold weather clothing (unlike shorts and a t-shirt for when really rock climbing)... so you'll probably want at least a size bigger if not 2 sizes.

I'm usually a Medium when it comes to clothes sizes (34" pants/waist)... and I got a XL in this harness and it fits fine for me when I have my hunting clothes on. I looked and the label says 35"-39" / XL .... I don't know about you - but a 35" waist isn't XL to me but... that just gives you an idea that you should pay attention to the sizes when ordering.