Jump to content
LPJR

Live Hunt w/LPJR & Bucksnbows-Part 2

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, LPJR said:

Holy sh%#! This happened fast. VERY FAST....I look over my right shoulder and 85 yards away is a big mature doe looking my way.. Big white rings around her eyes and a long head and body. 4 medium sized skippers come running directly below me and not a spot to be seen...2 mature does were inspecting everything. Was gonna take some pics but she had her radar on...she was tough to draw on to say the least...

The other big doe wanted no part of things and split, trotting off to 75 yards away and just stood there....

The big one I wanted settled down finally. I placed my pin at 16 yards behind her shoulder, as she was quartering away slightly... 

She never made it to the woods and piled up just prior to them. Got her dressed and out and headed to Frankie's with her. 

She is going to a buddy who has not had the chance to get out due to a back injury. All good! Hope y'all enjoyed another productive live hunt on W&W! 

20191007_192534.jpg

20191007_192500.jpg

20191007_191807.jpg

It did get windy, but I never would have though to compensate for windage by that much, and would have missed that shot.

Congrats on a great shot Lou, and kilbo!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

It did get windy, but I never would have though to compensate for windage by that much, and would have missed that shot.

Congrats on a great shot Lou, and kilbo!

Lou didn't mention that it hit F5 winds on the Fujitsu tornado scale.  That is why he held 16 yards in front of the shoulder.  :) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Lou didn't mention that it hit F5 winds on the Fujitsu tornado scale.  That is why he held 16 yards in front of the shoulder.  :) 

:rofl::rofl:

Hope you are able to hunt with us next week Brian! Looking forward to it already :up:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LPJR said:

:rofl::rofl:

Hope you are able to hunt with us next week Brian! Looking forward to it already :up:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to.  I'll be removing the dam on the lower Lamington River.  May miss the next Monday after that as well, but too soon to say.  But I have off two weeks between this dam removal and a mile of river restoration in VA in which I plan to hunt my A$$ off in NJ and NY with the Hoyt.    

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to.  I'll be removing the dam on the lower Lamington River.  May miss the next Monday after that as well, but too soon to say.  But I have off two weeks between this dam removal and a mile of river restoration in VA in which I plan to hunt my A$$ off in NJ and NY with the Hoyt.    

We got you covered Brian.  Go fix that river.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...