IGNORED

Bear Bait Camera (Picture Heavy) #3

BHC

2 hours ago, BHC said:

the big bear has been coming in for the last 2 weeks but it's been at night....no idea how to change his routine to come in during daylight hours

I have 7 bait sights all with bears coming in all times of the day including all of the older big males.  I think the trick was location first.  All my baits are set up near where they’re bedding and most importantly near water.  They drink an incredible amount this time of year.  As for my bait, I only use naturally made sweet feed consisting of corn, nuts, grains, soy beans, with added molasses or anise flavoring.  I never bait with donuts or sugary products.  I’ve always felt that baiting them with a tasty bait that benefits their need for high calorie nutritious feed keeps them coming back and usually never leaving some bait sites.  Bears know what they need to survive in preparation for hibernation.  It seems that feeding them just sugary treats usually loose those bears to the natural food they need.  I also give them a variety to keep them interested.  My sweet feed mix keeps my bears located 24/7 right now.  Just my $.02, I hope it helps you kill that big one.

I'm not far from a known bedding area with a pond near by

before my donut connection I would put out bread, sweets from home, with other leftovers from dinner, sweet feed, corn, etc. they would pass on the sweet feed, and at times the bread same area where I hunt bears now