IGNORED

URGENT - License Purchase and AHRS unavailable for 10/14-10/16!!!

47 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

I'm well aware there's a good chance it is not going to be a smooth transition from one platform to the other and it's all done. I'd be wiling to bet there will be growing pains. That's far from my point. My point is who cares if it is happening now, who really cares. It's two days in the middle of the week, it might affect 150-200 deer getting reported I bet. Guys are acting like it is ruining their whole entire season and it's frankly insane. The reaction and sensationalism over this transition is really ridiculous compared to the reality. 

As far as the ranges closed...Two options that are the reality; people complaining and moaning they can't use them, they're in need of upgrades...or people complaining and moaning they can't use them because they're getting the upgrades they need. Just happens to be a bad time, but then they'll be up to snuff for 5-10-20 years. 

People are becoming more and more narrow sighted and it boggles my mind. Everyone just walks around with tunnel vision. It's getting really old and its scary how it puts such a wedge between sportsmen.

There is really very little logic in your response.

1.You agree the transition will not be smooth and in the next sentence "who cares its only two days" :shock:?, So you argue with your own statement instead of addressing the main point of my comment which is the timing.

2. The necessity of repairing the ranges is a fact. Who is saying anything otherwise? Again you are responding to some imaginary statement since I only argue the timing. They have 6 months to do it without inconvenience to anyone, but they start a month before the season opens

They had all summer to do it but they elected to do it in the middle of the hunting season. We should complaint about it instead of becoming complacent to the stupidity of our government.
BTW inability to get a confirmation #, which may happen, is no small deal. Your butcher will not even take your deer without it.

2 hours ago, chenrossi said:

Guys everywhere acting like the sky is falling heaven forbid they have to call a regional office to report a deer for two days and can't make online purchases for two days....two stinkin days of 'inconvenience' to update an antiquated system and make things more convenient in the future to purchase licenses online, report harvest online, etc. SKy is falling over two days to better years ahead. Good grief. 

Looking at a lot of the posts here and other forums, social media, you'd think everyone was wearing a tin foil hat. People just constantly can't find any good in anything anymore and still find a way to complain about it or divert it to a completely unrelated thing to be up in arms about.

I do this stuff for a living and could pull this transition off in the middle of hunting season with ZERO downtime.  It ain’t hard, it just requires planning.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

That is my gripe. Systems 101 everywhere... never during prime time and remaine as transparent to customers as possible.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

49 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

So, anyone wonder why anglers aren't outraged by this shutdown?  After all, anglers FAR outpace hunters in this state, and it's fishing season 24/7/365.  Just sayin'.......they also cannot buy a license or trout stamp during these three days.  

Didn't know they had to check in their catch before 8PM :happywave:

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

So, anyone wonder why anglers aren't outraged by this shutdown?  After all, anglers FAR outpace hunters in this state, and it's fishing season 24/7/365.  Just sayin'.......they also cannot buy a license or trout stamp during these three days.  

Respectfully, that's comparing apples to oranges. 

almost all anglers are not buying a license in october for the season to end in december. but there are plenty of people buying hunting permits etc...not to mention the deer check in process. guys could be on the phone for hours just to check a deer in and get a confirmation number for their butcher. its just really silly to me to do this upgrade now in mid october and not during another time.

think about how many guys will try to check a deer in those two days and say " F it i cant get through" or if a deer hunter shoots a coyote and cant get through. 

11 minutes ago, Kype said:

almost all anglers are not buying a license in october for the season to end in december. but there are plenty of people buying hunting permits etc...not to mention the deer check in process. guys could be on the phone for hours just to check a deer in and get a confirmation number for their butcher. its just really silly to me to do this upgrade now in mid october and not during another time.

think about how many guys will try to check a deer in those two days and say " F it i cant get through" or if a deer hunter shoots a coyote and cant get through. 

Just imagine a major department store upgrading their system on December 14th.:shock::happywave:

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Just imagine a major department store upgrading their system on December 14th.:shock::happywave:

Most companies have blackout periods for doing major changes.  One of the most obvious is the week of Thanksgiving through January 15.  They don't touch their systems because they need to do end of year reporting to the SEC and investors.  The division doing this upgrade at this time is just dumbfounding.

Oh, lookie, why does this shutdown occur right during bear season?  Coincidence?  I think not.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Agreed, more anglers than hunters.  :) 

yep but hunters by far put more way more money into the divisions pockets.

maybe we should recommend they split up the spring and fall seasons for trout stamps. add pike, bass and walleye stamps. might even it out :happywave:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

@Mixbaghunter, I merged your topic here.  So the email specifically says NOT to call the number you posted, but it does work somehow?  NJDFW LE said to use that number and NOT each local LE office number? :headscratch:

UPGRADE OF LICENSE SALES SYSTEM

MODIFIED DEER HARVEST REPORTING IN EFFECT OCTOBER 14-16 

ALL LICENSES AND PERMITS WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE DURING THIS TIME

The Division’s license system is being upgraded!  As such, the current license sales site and Automated Harvest Report System (AHRS) WILL BE UNAVAILABLE beginning 9 p.m. on October 14, 2019 through October 16, 2019 for a total upgrade of the system. The 855-I-HUNT-NJ (855-448-6865) harvest reporting phone number WILL ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE during this timeframe.

To report a deer harvest during this time period and receive a TEMPORARY Confirmation Number please call one of the following phone lines between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Do not leave a voicemail message as you must speak directly to a staff member to receive a confirmation number.  Please try the call again until you speak to someone.)

Northern Region Office908-735-6826 or 908-735-2006

Central Region Office609-259-7954 or 609-259-6965

Southern Region Office856-629-0552 or 856-629-1014

Nacote Creek Office609-748-2043 or 609-748-2065

Trenton Office (Reporting hours 7:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.)609-984-0839 or 609-777-4245

You must have your CID# and location of harvest (Deer Management Zone, county, township, and Deer Management Unit) when you call.  If necessary, find this information at https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/ahrs_deer_viewer.htm, prior to calling. You will also be asked for your current e-mail address or phone number, so a PERMANENT Confirmation Number can be provided when the upgrade is complete.

If you have a late recovery and cannot report your deer by 8:00 p.m. You MUST call your nearest DFW Law Enforcement Office and leave a message with your name and CID number.  You MUST then call one of the above numbers to report your deer and obtain a CONFIRMATION NUMBER the next day before continuing to hunt. 

Northern Region Law Enforcement Office (Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren counties)(908) 735-8240

Central Region Law Enforcement Office (Burlington, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Ocean counties) (609) 259-2120

Southern Region Law Enforcement Office (Atlantic, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties) (856) 629-0555

Should the system be online earlier, you will be notified. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

*Please note that you may be receiving this e-mail twice, as we are sending from Aspira, our licensing vendor and our Division e-mail lists.

5 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

@Mixbaghunter, I merged your topic here.  So the email specifically says NOT to call the number you posted, but it does work somehow?  NJDFW LE said to use that number and NOT each local LE office number? :headscratch:

Yes that's how I read it two but none of the number in emails work law enforcement gave me the number and i reported  my two dear.