JHbowhunter

URGENT - License Purchase and AHRS unavailable for 10/14-10/16!!!

i got the email. i thought to myself how stupid to do this in the middle of october

Thanks for this. I haven't gotten any emails nor information on this.

I have to say... WTF is wrong with NJ F&W? First they close the Clinton range during hunting season and now this? Are they actively trying to eliminate hunters and hunting? Bunch of flipping morons!

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

With state involved don't be surprised if they are down for two weeks or more. I am not taking any chances, I bought my permits yesterday

Smart move i bought mine already as well :D

1 hour ago, Kype said:

i got the email. i thought to myself how stupid to do this in the middle of october

29 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

Thanks for this. I haven't gotten any emails nor information on this.

I have to say... WTF is wrong with NJ F&W? First they close the Clinton range during hunting season and now this? Are they actively trying to eliminate hunters and hunting? Bunch of flipping morons!

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Division needs to follow the federal fiscal year with grant funds although the state (I think) uses July 1 as the start of their fiscal year.  Hence a new contract that begins October 1st means that the new company is getting ready to make the big switch to the new system on those mid October dates.  Nobody in the Division forgot it was hunting season :rofl: 

• Like 1

Well, they closed shooting range during the season for renovation, they are upgrading the licensing system during the season and I just heard they are starting control burning of state forests on October 20...it should take two months. :shock:

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, JHbowhunter said:

(Do not leave a voicemail message as you must speak directly to a staff member to receive a confirmation number.  Please try the call again until you speak to someone.)

Your gonna need the entire day to get someone on the phone.  Typical DEP BS

Guys everywhere acting like the sky is falling heaven forbid they have to call a regional office to report a deer for two days and can't make online purchases for two days....two stinkin days of 'inconvenience' to update an antiquated system and make things more convenient in the future to purchase licenses online, report harvest online, etc. SKy is falling over two days to better years ahead. Good grief. 

Looking at a lot of the posts here and other forums, social media, you'd think everyone was wearing a tin foil hat. People just constantly can't find any good in anything anymore and still find a way to complain about it or divert it to a completely unrelated thing to be up in arms about.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

Guys everywhere acting like the sky is falling heaven forbid they have to call a regional office to report a deer for two days and can't make online purchases for two days....two stinkin days of 'inconvenience' to update an antiquated system and make things more convenient in the future to purchase licenses online, report harvest online, etc. SKy is falling over two days to better years ahead. Good grief. 

Looking at a lot of the posts here and other forums, social media, you'd think everyone was wearing a tin foil hat. People just constantly can't find any good in anything anymore and still find a way to complain about it or divert it to a completely unrelated thing to be up in arms about.

If you don’t see this being an issue, closing ranges and upgrading licensing system in the middle of the season, while 6 months each year the season is closed, then there is something wrong with you

have you been through any software upgrade without issues days, weeks and even months after implementation. I hope this is not the case but one has to be an idiot to do it now

Edited by Lunatic
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

nobody acting like the sky is falling - frankly I could not care less. However - just wanted my fellow hunters/huntresses to be aware, that they can plan around it.   It would suck to shoot a deer on those days and then wonder why the usual check in process does not work.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

If you don’t see this being an issue, closing ranges and upgrading licensing system in the middle of the season, while 6 months each year the season is closed, then there is something wrong with you

have you been through any software upgrade without issues days, weeks and even months after implementation. I hope this is not the case but one has to be an idiot to do it now

I'm well aware there's a good chance it is not going to be a smooth transition from one platform to the other and it's all done. I'd be wiling to bet there will be growing pains. That's far from my point. My point is who cares if it is happening now, who really cares. It's two days in the middle of the week, it might affect 150-200 deer getting reported I bet. Guys are acting like it is ruining their whole entire season and it's frankly insane. The reaction and sensationalism over this transition is really ridiculous compared to the reality. 

As far as the ranges closed...Two options that are the reality; people complaining and moaning they can't use them, they're in need of upgrades...or people complaining and moaning they can't use them because they're getting the upgrades they need. Just happens to be a bad time, but then they'll be up to snuff for 5-10-20 years. 

People are becoming more and more narrow sighted and it boggles my mind. Everyone just walks around with tunnel vision. It's getting really old and its scary how it puts such a wedge between sportsmen.

Edited by chenrossi
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

nobody acting like the sky is falling - frankly I could not care less. However - just wanted my fellow hunters/huntresses to be aware, that they can plan around it.   It would suck to shoot a deer on those days and then wonder why the usual check in process does not work.

I don't mean you specifically JH.. I'm just saying crap being posted around the interwebs on various sites and forums and social media... Intentionally being done to make sportsmen criminals, bringing up crap that Murphy is behind it. It is serious tin foil hat talk. people need to find better use of their time. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Division needs to follow the federal fiscal year with grant funds although the state (I think) uses July 1 as the start of their fiscal year.  Hence a new contract that begins October 1st means that the new company is getting ready to make the big switch to the new system on those mid October dates.  Nobody in the Division forgot it was hunting season :rofl: 

A fiscal year is 12 months. I don't care when the fiscal year starts for the state or federal government. The season is only 6 months long so wait for the season top end and do your upgrade.