JHbowhunter

URGENT - License Purchase and AHRS unavailable for 10/14-10/16!!!

Just got this email:

UPGRADE OF LICENSE SALES SYSTEM

MODIFIED DEER HARVEST REPORTING IN EFFECT OCTOBER 14-16 

ALL LICENSES AND PERMITS WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE DURING THIS TIME

The Division’s license system is being upgraded!  As such, the current license sales site and Automated Harvest Report System (AHRS) WILL BE UNAVAILABLE beginning 9 p.m. on October 14, 2019 through October 16, 2019 for a total upgrade of the system. The 855-I-HUNT-NJ (855-448-6865) harvest reporting phone number WILL ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE during this timeframe.

To report a deer harvest during this time period and receive a TEMPORARY Confirmation Number please call one of the following phone lines between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Do not leave a voicemail message as you must speak directly to a staff member to receive a confirmation number.  Please try the call again until you speak to someone.)

Northern Region Office908-735-6826 or 908-735-2006

Central Region Office609-259-7954 or 609-259-6965

Southern Region Office856-629-0552 or 856-629-1014

Nacote Creek Office609-748-2043 or 609-748-2065

Trenton Office (Reporting hours 7:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.)609-984-0839 or 609-777-4245

You must have your CID# and location of harvest (Deer Management Zone, county, township, and Deer Management Unit) when you call.  If necessary, find this information at https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/ahrs_deer_viewer.htm, prior to calling. You will also be asked for your current e-mail address or phone number, so a PERMANENT Confirmation Number can be provided when the upgrade is complete.

If you have a late recovery and cannot report your deer by 8:00 p.m. You MUST call your nearest DFW Law Enforcement Office and leave a message with your name and CID number.  You MUST then call one of the above numbers to report your deer and obtain a CONFIRMATION NUMBER the next day before continuing to hunt. 

Northern Region Law Enforcement Office (Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren counties)(908) 735-8240

Central Region Law Enforcement Office (Burlington, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Ocean counties) (609) 259-2120

Southern Region Law Enforcement Office (Atlantic, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties) (856) 629-0555

Should the system be online earlier, you will be notified. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

*Please note that you may be receiving this e-mail twice, as we are sending from Aspira, our licensing vendor and our Division e-mail lists.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the heads up

Maybe I'll just go to PA those days.  

Edited by Greybeard

17 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

This is bullshit. They have all year to do an upgrade. This should not be done during the season.

IMHO it's an intentional inconvenience to create criminals out of law abiding citizens.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

IMHO it's an intentional inconvenience to create criminals out of law abiding citizens.

WOW..This can't be!..Damn liberal's hacked our ckeck in system.lol...Tough year so far,2 shotgun ranges shut down for reconstruction till after the season,now this.S.O.B.'s.j/k NJFW don't ban me you do the best job you can to the best of your ability!..Oh well,only in NJ..lol....Short story.When I began hunting life was simpler then.I carried the season's law book in my back pocket,it measured  24 small pages...4" x6"..:focus:....Life's daily grind is faster paced today than it was back in my day.You had to drive to a check station.Been to many,from a filling station,a tavern to mom n pop general store's,many had an took the time to weigh my harvest from  their scales,AND proudly afix a METAL seal to the lower rear leg. Inconvenient? For many today,Yes.For me it was a part of the fun/journey to a complete hunt,driving there,displaying my trophy.(Hard earned).Getting the thumb's up instead of the horn beepin middle finger throwing cunt's of today.So to you Youngins or whom ever,3 day difference ain't gonna kill ya!Git out there n Git er done!Be safe have fun.:up:

Edited by hunterbob1
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

I order my license from out of state not realizing I could not print. I have been waiting for over a week and paid $135!

I know it is my mistake for not going g to dicks in burlington.

• Agree 1

What’s the odds when you call the listed number someone will answer or not get a busy signal.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Also, thanks for the heads up Zach! :D

:agree:

:rofl::rofl:

With state involved don't be surprised if they are down for two weeks or more. I am not taking any chances, I bought my permits yesterday

• Like 1