IGNORED

Great video of doe ducking crossbow bolt! (time for a new debate)

JHbowhunter

2 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Ok, welling If  it’s a debate you’re looking for, I’ll jump in!😁

Stop giving deer supernatural powers, they can’t hear the arrow coming, that’s ridicules! The physiology of the deers body and how they make their first move to flee is simply what is happening here, and is what many have called “ducking” for years. 
We've all seen this a million times, a deer hears the sound of the bow and instinctively makes its move to run off, they don’t run off any differently whether they are being shot at,  or running from any other sound or smell that alarms them. 

I would say however, that in this particular video, that deer was on edge coming in, which is an example of when not to take a shot. That’s where the speed of your arrow makes a difference, a slow bow and you may have a miss or a less then fatal hit. 
I would ask field archer if he could, take some footage of a deer running off that’s not being shot at, I guarantee you’ll see the same exact movement prior to the deer running with no arrow coming towards it. 

Bullshit.

stand down range of anyone shooting a bow or crossbow and listen to it whistle coming in..

‘some heads Scream as the come past as do certain fletching s.

spend  5 minutes watching slow motion video you will see not only do deer drop the usually are rolling away from the arrow or bolt.

if it was all about bow noise then they should leave town when being shot with a recurve.’yet you will see less of that happening.

why , because the slow arrow isn’t making as much noise

a deer can hear well beyond what we do.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Stop giving deer supernatural powers, they can’t hear the arrow coming, that’s ridicules!

I agree with everything you said except for this.  The deer are ducking/reacting from the sound of the bow.  100%

The absolutely can hear the arrow coming in, they just can't react fast enough to that sound, or they're already in the process of reacting to the sound of the bow.  

If you and I can hear an arrow, or more specifically, the broadhead whistling through the air, the deer can absolutely hear it too.  

12 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I don't have that formula, but at 150 feet, and would that bolt push the noise ahead of the original sound of the shot????    We need a mathematician because I do suck at math. 

(If a train left Chicago at 5pm....   that sorta math)

This part is irrelevant IMO.  Deer will hear the shot firs before the sound of the arrow would get to it.  

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

f it was all about bow noise then they should leave town when being shot with a recurve.’yet you will see less of that happening.

That is a very good and accurate point. Did she duck from the sound of the crossbow or the arrow? That I cannot say but she certainly can hear both, that’s a fact

AWM

The seminal point here is - take that same situation, aim the bow in opposite direction so the projectileis not part of the equation.    Would the doe react exactly the same way at same exact point in time?

Again need someone really good at math (Haskell perhaps).   

150 feet is the deer.    Sound of bow at release is traveling 1125 FPS, and gets there in .1333. 

Bolt traveling 400 FPS gets there in .375.     But does the sound of the bolt when it's about 5-10 yards away push it's own sound traveling 1125 FPS ahead of the initial shot that started 150 further back?

Math can settle this once and for all. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Just now, MGHunter66 said:

Right, he’s back one day and already starting with the controversy LOL

Plus he is really wanting his nails filed from hammer. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

15 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Very interesting!!

48 yards!!  Im sure some guys practice that far n further n are very accurate...but its hard to factor in ducking the arrow.  Maybe thats kinda far for any archery equipment....unless u aim low to anticipate the "ducking the arrow" phenomenon....but all deer don't duck the arrow, and aiming low would result in a miss or hitting a leg.

The woods were probably extremely quiet as well.

Also wonder if it was a pressured area n if the deer had previously been shot at over it's back. 

I practice and will shoot at 50 yards +. At this distance animal demeanor is a key. If deer is alert you don't even think about it. With relaxed deer you aim where you want to hit and deer will not move for you.

22 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Bullshit

I say bullshit to your bullshit!😂

The reaction is 100% to the sound of the bow/crossbow going off. Next thing you’ll be telling me is they only “Duck” Lightfield slugs cause they are slower then Accutips and they can hear them coming, give me a break!

if the deer in question doesn’t react to the shot and sound of the bow, it’s not going to react to the “sound” of an arrow. 

let’s look at this from another perspective givin this is a “debate” as JH suggested. 
Can you explain why some deer react to the sound of the bow and some don’t? They all make some level of noise correct? But yet, some deer don’t react at all (deer that aren’t on alert already of course ) and some run out of their hooves trying to get away from the sound. I believe that’s a factor of distance, noise level, deer’s focus etc.  

Now, if a deer could hear an arrow, and could discern that it was danger coming at them, and it was the arrow “noise” they were reacting to, wouldn’t every deer “duck“ because the arrow is approaching them, rather than a sound coming from a fixed position at varying distances?

So, what’s the basis of your theory that deer van hear the arrow coming other than the fact that arrows make “noise?” 

I swear, some of you guys should work on the impeachment committee, you can “create” evidence with the best of them!😜