Anyone know of a place in Northern Jersey that would have Winter Rye seed. We are looking to add it to our current plot since we are finally getting some rain. 

8 minutes ago, OMC said:

Anyone know of a place in Northern Jersey that would have Winter Rye seed. We are looking to add it to our current plot since we are finally getting some rain. 

Usually agway carries it. If not, talk to a local farmer, he will know where to buy it. 

Sometimes, you can find it on craigslist under 

Farm and garden

OMC I got mine at Brodhecker farm .  Address is 2 Branchville -Lawson Rd. Newton  07860.  973-383-3592.  Call to make sure he has it . I got a bunch last year and he had a pallet of it . 

• Agree 1

Thanks guys we found it at Agway in Morristown. Spreading some tomorrow to fill in bare spots in the winter wheat and peas we planted about 3 wks ago. Finally this rain is getting it going looked it over today and even found some peas that split open just the past couple of days. 

• Like 1

I put out 500 lbs of rye yesterday hoping the rains would hit, and they did, should be greener than a leprechauns font yard in a week. then covered in deer for the next few months.

500 lbs how many acres did you plant ?

Looks good Andy. I'm sure they will come more and more going into the late season. Good Luck

• Like 1

Only 4 acres, put it down a bit light, only where needed in some plots that are patchy..........