LPJR

Live hunt tonight with LPJR & Bucksnbows!

2 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

That feeder looks like a lamp in the woods.  I was going to ask how good a lamp is as a deer attractant.  Pretty good it seems.

Great job on the course tonight, Lou!

It looks like a lava lamp. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

You guys need bring a bunch of golf balls and F with the golfers on your next hunt there.

I know there illegal BUT a sling shot there's your ball in the fairway duffer must a bounced off a tree.lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

Rusty is a multitalented individual. 

Oh boy thanks for the heads up,Next March me stay outta woods stay on cooler by Bob again.

• Haha 1

When you wanna play you gotta pay,one half kill other half you know the gig.Louis your make up smearng?Got your phone? you sweating yet?lol ..congratulations!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TroutandBucks said:

Save some deer for Brian or at least do a deer drive for him emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here is the story......Knowing I was going to just make it to the hunt due to time, I asked Bucksnbows which stand he really wanted to use as he would be there first..... I told him it did not matter to me, as I would just be happy to make it on time with the heavy traffic.....He chose to sit in the maple stand which has produced dozens, perhaps more (Rusty?) deer over the years out of. 

I made it and quickly changed before Rusty used the port-a-john as a backdrop for an imaginary stand photo op, lol..He told me that I had plenty of time it was just 5:00....I got on stand and proceeded to hear ball after ball ricochet off of trees, fairly close to me! As some looked for the balls in the woods barely 10 yards away, I was tempted to scare the sh&* out of them, but refrained.  A mutual respect for each other is evident. Now Bucksnbows said he whispered hello from the stand to several people that almost jumped out of their skin tonight!! :rofl:

The course soon became quiet and two deer were seen coming off the mountain when I wrote in this live thread, "here they come, byeee." The phone was quickly tucked away. All the shot locations were pre-ranged and nearly everything was under 25 yards.

The first deer was slightly quartering away at 18 yards and the Thunderhead 100 quickly did its job. I immediately checked in the deer on the cell which was very easy on the Fish & WIldlife site.  Other deer were standing now at 50 yards, totally unaware of what just happened.  After checking in the deer, I focused on another that was coming down the hill. Fully aware that this is a cull hunt, I settled the Switchback's pin just behind the shoulder and squeezed it off. This deer ran to 12 yards and crashed. 

I called Rusty and let him know that two were down. Not wanting to mess up Bucksnbows, who was perhaps 400 yards to the east of me, I pulled out the cell and took some pics and added them to the thread. 

Don't tell Bucknbows, but another deer came in while I was checking in the second one and waiting for things to calm down. It must have posed in 10 different ways as the sun was setting at 22 yards.....:rofl:

Was lots of fun with good friends tonight. We look forward to these hunts because it is such a good time.  Was fortunate to have deer come in for the first sit here.  Both went to a gentleman who will enjoy the fresh venison, all while accomplishing the mission for the hunt. 

Next live hunt coming up next week.............

Edited by LPJR
  • Like 8
  • Winner 1

11 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

Did the golfers play around her?

They do,  golfers and hunters peacefully coexist up here.  

Lou didn't realize that the first time he hunted here and he yelled at a golfer from his tree stand.  The poor guy literally ran off of the golf course.  :rofl:

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I can't believe I forgot Lou had us on a Live Hunt yesterday.  I never once checked in and now there are 7 pages I don't have the time to read.    :rofl:

• Haha 4