IGNORED

Which Cell CAM - Moultrie 7000i or SPYPOINT LINK MICRO

thefirstndsecond

2 hours ago, Ringtail said:

I have a few spypoints. At first I was very pleased with them. Now they are a headache. 

First the customer service SUCKS. I needed to exchange one of my cams because it would not transmit pictures to my phone. It would save them to the SD card but for whatever reason never sent them. So I initially tried to fix the problem via a back and forth with customer service that led to no solution. Eventually I was fed up enough and said I was returning the camera and needed it taken off my account. To this I got a response asking me for the cam SIM ID so it can be taken off. After I sent the info I never got a response so I emailed them twice more on this issue also with no response. This whole ordeal took about 3 months and the cam is still on my account. 

On the cams themselves the photos are mediocre and the cams drain batteries rather fast. They need to be replaced every 4-6 weeks or so. 

The app I do like. However they get you with the added fees if you want to use all of the features. I regretfully purchased access to these features when I was initially happy with my cams. I can download them to my phone for better viewing and scroll back to any picture taken within the last 12 months. However the only issue is every once in a while I can’t access the app due to the server being down on their end. 

The photos aren’t transmitted quickly either. Even tho I have the cams set to send photos immediately I often won’t get them until hours later. For example, last night I got a notification that photos were transmitted only to see that they were taken about 12 hours previous and only just sent. 

I will keep my spypoints in the woods for now because they are already paid for for the year. Once they expire I probably won’t be using them anymore. 

I was drawn to them for the price but will be willing to pay significantly more in the further for better cams with less headaches.

Wow, that is a sad read. for 150 I was hoping for much more of a positive response.

Maybe spending the money on the Spartan is the way to go. I wasn't prepared for that. 

Which Spartan then is recommended which accessories?

This is for private property.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I have 3 spartan ghost cams, 2 coverts, 3 bushnell, 3 moultrie mobile and one spy point....the only camera I would buy again is the Spartan ghost cam. I have 35 other cameras that all have issues but moultrie seems to be the best on the non cell...I guess you can say I like deer cameras...but then again I was the 10 year old kid pulling dental floss across the deer trail to see if anything went by while I was at school...🤣

9 hours ago, iluv2hunt said:

Buy a Spartan cell cam $5 dollars per month to add it to your existing Verizon account. I have been using eight of them for the past three years. Zero issues. The only complaint I have is battery life which is easily fixed by using a six volt external battery

Spartan camera is the way to go. 

11 hours ago, nb6624 said:

I have 3 spartan ghost cams, 2 coverts, 3 bushnell, 3 moultrie mobile and one spy point....the only camera I would buy again is the Spartan ghost cam. I have 35 other cameras that all have issues but moultrie seems to be the best on the non cell...I guess you can say I like deer cameras...but then again I was the 10 year old kid pulling dental floss across the deer trail to see if anything went by while I was at school...🤣

I remember having the Trail timers with the dental floss. Was cool at the time but had no idea what pulled the line. 

Do you guys purchase the Spartan Cams locally or is the place in George the only place around?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I have purchased mine directly from Spartan and also HCO outdoors I have also purchased a few off of Amazon with the lock box included in the package just make sure you’re buying the right camera for your cell service. Also need to make sure you’re buying 4G technology

23 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

I have purchased mine directly from Spartan and also HCO outdoors I have also purchased a few off of Amazon with the lock box included in the package just make sure you’re buying the right camera for your cell service. Also need to make sure you’re buying 4G technology

4G or 4GLTE :)

Read a lot of reviews on spy point and customer service. - OMG it is very very bad.

combing through their facebook page - OMG you should see how bad it is. - https://www.facebook.com/spypoint/

We will end up using a spartan as the primary game camera. Although expensive, there is something to be said for reliability and support. Everything I have read about the cameras has been fair to positive. There have been some issues but their customer service has answered and resolved or at least worked with the customer.

We did get a spy point for close to home use where we have access a fair amount of the time. We know there is great cell reception and if the test works we'll get a battery pack.

The spartan, if it works like everyone says, will be used on some other properties that are a distance away but valuable when accessed. :)

On 9/28/2019 at 9:28 PM, nb6624 said:

Funny I did the same thing with sewing thread!  Check the morning to see what moved overnight and before school, set it again and check in the afternoon to see what moved during the day.  The direction of the thread on the brush was the direction the deer went to (pushing it as they walked forward).   Old school technique! :up: