IGNORED

Which Cell CAM - Moultrie 7000i or SPYPOINT LINK MICRO

thefirstndsecond

Looking for user info on two cell cams. Both will be on Verizon. 

Does anyone have experience with these two cams? This will be my first so I have no idea.

I have read the reviews and form the online reviews it looks like the SPY POINT is the better device, but I figured I'd ask here first. Yes, there is good cell reception but the game camera use a different tx/rx from what my Note 9 uses.

First the Moultrie 7000i Cell GAME Camera - 

Delivers images to smartphone, tablet, or computer

20MP camera take well-defined still shots

1080p video with audio

32-LED iNVISIBLE infrared flash reaches 80'

0.3-second trigger

The Moultrie 7000i Cellular Game Camera combines the quality and reliability of Moultrie game cameras with its revolutionary Moultrie Mobile technology to deliver images from your game camera directly to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Choose from XV-7000i (Verizon) or XA-7000i (AT&T) models. A 20MP camera take well-defined still shots or records 1080p video with audio. The almost imperceptible 32-LED iNVISIBLE infrared flash reaches 80', and the detection range also reaches 80' to stand vigilant from a distance no matter the time of day or night. A reliable 0.3-second trigger ensures sly bucks don't slip by. The camera also features burst mode and interval delay mode. Moultrie Mobile users access images via the industry-leading Moultrie Mobile app on their smartphone and tablet or through the website. You can quickly and remotely change camera settings, and images are stored online and are accessible at any time. Monthly data plans start at $9.99 and there are no contracts or activation/cancellation fees. The Moultrie 7000i Cellular Game Camera runs off 12 AA batteries and uses SD cards up to 32GB. (Batteries and SD card not included).
Available: Verizon, AT&T.

AND THE 

SPYPOINT® LINK-MICRO™ Cellular Game Camera

Retrieve game-camera photos from your phone

Captures 10MP color photos, infrared images at night

Invisible LED flash reaches 80', detection range up to 100'

0.5-second trigger speed

Includes free app and SIM card

SPYPOINT's LINK-MICRO Cellular Game Camera is extremely compact, making it easy to hide from wild game and hunters alike. The LINK-MICRO allows you take, retrieve, and view photos 24 hours a day – wirelessly, on your smartphone. No need to be trudging out to your hunting spot on a regular basis and spooking game. This trail camera captures 10MP color photos by day. At night, it captures quality infrared images, using an invisible LED flash that reaches 80'. A curved motion sensor lens, with 5 detection zones, can be adjusted out to 80'. The 0.5-second trigger speed makes sure you don't miss a shot. The multi-shot mode allows 2 photos per detection. Use the BUCK TRACKER feature to sort images. The date, time, temperature, and moon phase can be printed on each photo. This cellular game camera offers easy activation of data, using 4G frequency, and comes complete with home-to-field service via the included SPYPOINT App. A pre-activated SIM card is also included. The SPYPOINT LINK-MICRO  Cellular Game Camera requires 8 AA batteries (not included) and a micro SD card up to 32GB (not included). 12V jack provides power option.
4.4"H x 3.1"W x 2.2"D.
Available: VZN, Nationwide.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I have the spy point but I have only had it out for about a week now.  It was super easy to set up and I was able to get 3 bars of cellular on the trail cam at my house where 3 different cell phones get no service at all. The app is pretty good. The AI doesn't work well to sort the pictures but that doesn't really matter to me. The picture quality that they send to you is pretty terrible but apparently the pictures on the sd card are much much better.  It will drain batteries very quickly.  Mine is telling me it's at 33% right now and it's only been out there for 6 days. Granted the first two days I had it sending me pictures for every detection and have since changed it to 6 times a day instead.  Overall I really like it and for 15 bucks a month for unlimited pictures for a few months out of the year to not have to go pull a card I'm a happy camper. You can use an external 12v battery  which I may end up rigging something like that up and have a solar trickle charger hooked to the battery as well.

4 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

Buy a Spartan cell cam $5 dollars per month to add it to your existing Verizon account. I have been using eight of them for the past three years. Zero issues. The only complaint I have is battery life which is easily fixed by using a six volt external battery

Thank you for the information. I am just uncomfortable leaving that much money tied to a tree.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

3 minutes ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

I have the spy point but I have only had it out for about a week now.  It was super easy to set up and I was able to get 3 bars of cellular on the trail cam at my house where 3 different cell phones get no service at all. The app is pretty good. The AI doesn't work well to sort the pictures but that doesn't really matter to me. The picture quality that they send to you is pretty terrible but apparently the pictures on the sd card are much much better.  It will drain batteries very quickly.  Mine is telling me it's at 33% right now and it's only been out there for 6 days. Granted the first two days I had it sending me pictures for every detection and have since changed it to 6 times a day instead.  Overall I really like it and for 15 bucks a month for unlimited pictures for a few months out of the year to not have to go pull a card I'm a happy camper. You can use an external 12v battery  which I may end up rigging something like that up and have a solar trickle charger hooked to the battery as well.

So I know a few friends of mine have it set to once a day to save batteries.  When they buck they want shows up during the day and right before they can hunt, they will set to every pic

The spypoint looks nice. 

Moultire has a rebate.

The Moultrie is garbage as is the new bushnell and primos cell cams. None of those companies are making the cams they are all imported garbage. I had the older aggrrssor wireless cams and they were good to me overall. When the new bushnell came out i got it and what a paperweight. It not 1 day worked properly. Same company is making all 3. I have a micro and with it set to transmit 1x a day it lasted a month or a little more. With it transmitting every pic it lasted a couple weeks. You can get an external battery and solar panel but that puts you up to around $300 and for $299 you can get a spartan go cam from herd360.com. i have 2 spartan ghost cams now with solar and they are flawless so far. Transmitting every pic immediate and battery life is full. If your near easton,pa Im selling a micro now that i got the spartans. If you want to try it out b4 u buy one u can. Even if you dont buy mine and want to buy new u can try it out.

Thank you. I about an hour from u in Southampton. 

I will you know this evening.

I got the spypoint and been running it a little over a week now. So far, I'm very happy with it. user interface is great with a lot of cool features and capabilities, and the picture quality is top notch. Dicks has a special right now, bring in an old trail cam (working or not) and they give you $50 off the spypoint, so you get a cell cam for $100

2 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

I got the spypoint and been running it a little over a week now. So far, I'm very happy with it. user interface is great with a lot of cool features and capabilities, and the picture quality is top notch. Dicks has a special right now, bring in an old trail cam (working or not) and they give you $50 off the spypoint, so you get a cell cam for $100

HAHAHAHAAHHAAHAH Dicks hahahahahah

I just can't see dropping over $300 for a camera, then $100 on battery box and another for a solar panel. I mean i would make my own battery box and connect to solar panel but still. It isn't on state land but you're talking $500 worth of equipment just to take pictures and it is left in the woods. $250 on an auto feed on private property i get and then a double stand another $200

but that camera.. spartan cam.. jesus.. that is a lot of coin.

I will let you know Matt tonight after I speak with my buddy about what they have been using for 2 years.

2 hours ago, thefirstndsecond said:

I just can't see dropping over $300 for a camera, then $100 on battery box and another for a solar panel. I mean i would make my own battery box and connect to solar panel but still. It isn't on state land but you're talking $500 worth of equipment just to take pictures and it is left in the woods. $250 on an auto feed on private property i get and then a double stand another $200

I will let you know Matt tonight after I speak with my buddy about what they have been using for 2 years.

Cool response, sorry for trying to help you out

I have a few spypoints. At first I was very pleased with them. Now they are a headache. 

First the customer service SUCKS. I needed to exchange one of my cams because it would not transmit pictures to my phone. It would save them to the SD card but for whatever reason never sent them. So I initially tried to fix the problem via a back and forth with customer service that led to no solution. Eventually I was fed up enough and said I was returning the camera and needed it taken off my account. To this I got a response asking me for the cam SIM ID so it can be taken off. After I sent the info I never got a response so I emailed them twice more on this issue also with no response. This whole ordeal took about 3 months and the cam is still on my account. 

On the cams themselves the photos are mediocre and the cams drain batteries rather fast. They need to be replaced every 4-6 weeks or so. 

The app I do like. However they get you with the added fees if you want to use all of the features. I regretfully purchased access to these features when I was initially happy with my cams. I can download them to my phone for better viewing and scroll back to any picture taken within the last 12 months. However the only issue is every once in a while I can’t access the app due to the server being down on their end. 

The photos aren’t transmitted quickly either. Even tho I have the cams set to send photos immediately I often won’t get them until hours later. For example, last night I got a notification that photos were transmitted only to see that they were taken about 12 hours previous and only just sent. 

I will keep my spypoints in the woods for now because they are already paid for for the year. Once they expire I probably won’t be using them anymore. 

I was drawn to them for the price but will be willing to pay significantly more in the further for better cams with less headaches.

2 hours ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Unless he deleted part of his post. Which I’m sure he didn’t. You went off on quite a rant for someone trying to give you feedback on a camera you asked about. Sounds like you made your mind up in regards to not using a spypoint. Now where in his post did I see him mention battery box, or  solar panel. And the camera isn’t $300 either. 

2 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

Unless he deleted part of his post. Which I’m sure he didn’t. You went off on quite a rant for someone trying to give you feedback on a camera you asked about. Sounds like you made your mind up in regards to not using a spypoint. Now where in his post did I see him mention battery box, or  solar panel. And the camera isn’t $300 either. 

Lives in trees. I think you are confused.

He said Dicks has the spy point on sale. I hate Dicks sportinggoods. See my signature that is why I was laughing. You do understand Dicks Sportinggoods donates to anti gun lobbyist. I mean do i have to do a research paper explaining to everyone as to why you should not shop at dicks sportinggod and how this effects hunting, as well as the second amendment? I mean if you live in NJ i could see how battered gun owner syndrome has become the norm and you don't know how to leave an absinve relationship and this in turn may make shopping at Dicks appealing.

I was talking about 300 on the spartan cam, then a battery box, then a solar panel to charge the battery box - 

The suggestion was if I bought the spypoint  - 150 then I would need the battery box because the litium batteries don't hold up and then the solar panel to charge it. 

I also don't know where you get quit a rant.. 

I was responding to Matt, who suggested going with the spartan cam and BirdshotNJ, who suggested buying a spy point from Dicks.

Matt has a spy point i think he is selling and would let me use to see if I like it.