IGNORED

Shot my compound today - 1st time since surgery

Bucksnbows

Last shot I took with my compound would have been the day before early fall bow because I did hunt opening morning, but didn't see my EAB doe that day and then I was getting tests done and then surgery after that.  Since my rehab nurses cleared me for 90 lbs. on Friday of last week, I thought I'd try a few shots today.  Funny how tough it was to draw back since my shooting muscles were out of practice (I shoot some all year round normally).  But there was no pain, so that made me feel good.  First two shots a bit low, so I buckled down and focused and put the 3rd shot in the bullseye of my Blob target with a Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain.  That's it for today.  I'm afraid of overdoing things still, so I'll make sure I feel fine tomorrow and shoot some more until I rebuild my shooting form this spring.

Man, I can't wait to sit in a tree again this fall, even "The Tree"  (hear that, Rusty?)  :)

Matty is probably more excited to hear this than I am.  He had to cock back Rusty's crossbow for me up in the tree because I couldn't shoot my Hoyt (that Matty originally set up for me) :)

Matty set up that crossbow too.   :up:

Glad to hear you are able to start shooting again. 

Really glad to hear this man!!! :up:  :up:  And not just because I don't want to cock your x-bow in a tree anymore. hahaha...

The fact that you're back to shooting a bow...does that mean you feel all healed up? Good as new? I hope so! :up:  :up:

And did I really kick you in the head? I'm getting self-conscious now...I know I have occasional twitches and spasms...and I shake my legs uncontrollably...but not usually a kicker.....lol...

You know I had that video from that day all edited up nice...and my computer froze before I could save it. I'll have to edit it again one day and get it posted. Maybe before the 2014-2015 season. lol

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear