IGNORED

Big buck down

iluv2hunt

wow that's a brute - width, beams and tines...   Got it all.     CONGRATULATIONS. 

Where was your entry exit - did you get lung/liver? Sounds like classic liver and maybe a lung if he bedded and got up when you pushed him.     Thank the lucky fox!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

8 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

Jack from what I could when gutting him. The shot was back s couple inches from the leg. It caught the back part of the one Lung cut the diaphragm and went through the liver and barely nicked the gut 

Sounds a lot like the buck I just got -visually I thought he was 90 degree broadside, impact looked perfect, heard him crash but well beyond 100 yards.   I definitely hit one lung most likely got second but hit liver on way out. Was slight qtr to me as result since exit was further back when I expected it to be through heart based on POI. Had I got the "orientation" right I should have aimed 2" to the left tighter to the crease.    Since I heard it crash, I did not wait which was the right call given the critters by me.  It's a  game of inches and when  giant buck enters your kill zone, keeping it together and focusing are all that matters.   I have made more "perfect" shots on deer than I can recall, but it seems the really big ones are always a few inches off from where they should be. 

Congrats again and I would be shocked if that buck is any less than 4.5 and I think 4.5 is spot on.  What zone?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….