IGNORED

Anyone use Montec G5's?

Faster

11 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

IM pretty sure the VPA is a poured head not a machined head. AS they were the orig makers for Red Feather.

original heads I believe were machined and then used for molds .

Used to be good articals written bout their process on the old Broadhead site

the word "machined" has been written about them on bowsite when they used to sponsor.  Not poured.  They do make for Wensel Woodsman too.   I think you are right about Red Feather - but not sure of method

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

montecs are MIM molded heads.  I shot a handful of deer with them about 6-7 years ago.  They flew great but didn't leave much of a blood trail on any of the deer I shot.  There are several people on other sites that have experienced fracturing of the head that is thought to be caused by a void in the molding process.  I have never had any issues like that my only complaints are they don't sharpen that well, they leave poor blood trails, and they whistle out of all of my faster bows.  I stopped shooting them due to the poor bloodtrails.

a matter of fact i got a pack of 3 two never out of the package one was on arrow but never shot, i would give you those pieces of shit but i would feel bad when you dont get any blood, i take that back you find find blood about 10 yds from where the deer dies

Edited by rgw

20 minutes ago, beaverman said:

montecs are MIM molded heads.  I shot a handful of deer with them about 6-7 years ago.  They flew great but didn't leave much of a blood trail on any of the deer I shot.  There are several people on other sites that have experienced fracturing of the head that is thought to be caused by a void in the molding process.  I have never had any issues like that my only complaints are they don't sharpen that well, they leave poor blood trails, and they whistle out of all of my faster bows.  I stopped shooting them due to the poor bloodtrails.

this is the truth, i sware i would get more blood out of a practice head

18 minutes ago, rgw said:

a matter of fact i got a pack of 3 two never out of the package one was on arrow but never shot, i would give you those pieces of shit but i would feel bad when you dont get any blood, i take that back you find find blood about 10 yds from where the deer dies

Interesting, I wonder why the lack of blood

2 minutes ago, Faster said:

Interesting, I wonder why the lack of blood

killed a few deer the last two years with them, one heart shot, 3 double lungs prpbably 20 yards worth of blood between the 4, one i saw fall in a field 75 yds from me the others i tracked by foot prints untill you get close to where it died

3 minutes ago, rgw said:

they just punch a hole and dont cut the skin and hair out of the way

They cut like surgical steel if they are sharp - that is the problem with COC solid BH's - so few can get them sharp

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I've used the Hellrazors which are basically identical to G5 for a number of years and gave them up last year because of lack blood trail.  Unbelievably strong and very sharp.  Could punch through anything and come out looking like it just came out of a package.  Almost always you'll see or hear them drop.   Unfortunately if you don't, you're in big trouble because for whatever reason there is virtually no blood trail at all.  Unfortunately, yesterday I was reminded of this.

8 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

I've used the Hellrazors which are basically identical to G5 for a number of years and gave them up last year because of lack blood trail.  Unbelievably strong and very sharp.  Could punch through anything and come out looking like it just came out of a package.  Almost always you'll see or hear them drop.   Unfortunately if you don't, you're in big trouble because for whatever reason there is virtually no blood trail at all.  Unfortunately, yesterday I was reminded of this.

Theres a difference between sharp and shaving sharp. While a sharp broad head will cut tissue it tends to punch hair thus clogging wound channel.  A shaving sharp head sliced threw hair and tissue lessing the clog effect,  most heads out of the package are not shaving sharp 

Just go rage and be done with it. 🤣🤣

Just kidding.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford