IGNORED

Busy Hot Sunday

Tarhunt

My son and I spent most of today helping one of the property owner's cut wood to heat his house for the winter. These locust and ash trees were cut down two years ago and we had to use a tractor with a back hoe to pull them out of the brush and rose bushes to cut them up. My saw over heated a few times in this heat. But, we were glad to help him out. I went through several chains cutting the locust up. 

IMG951612.jpg

IMG951614.jpg

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Just now, Greybeard said:

Need to have a w&w wood splitting party.  Have you looked into selling the locust to a fence company?

I asked the owner about selling the trees but, he said to cut them up for firewood. We cut up what had been cut down years before. We'll be back next Sunday to cut up some big ash trees. 

5 minutes ago, Kype said:

that wood should of been split last winter to be burned this year. just my 2 cents. good days work nontheless. 

We are going to leave it out for another month. The area where we piled it up gets hit with about 10 hours of sunlight a day.  The trees have been down for at least two to three years. It'll burn fine. 

Edited by Tarhunt