IGNORED

Mentored Deer Hunt

IronBait

Hi All, 

I wish everyone happy hunting this season. Was wondering if anyone is willing to mentor me for deer hunting. I plan on doing the 6day firearm hunt in December. However, I am will to go out sooner and learn the tricks of the trade prior to if anyone is willing. Thanks again. 

• 1 month later...

@IronBait were you able to find a mentor? I am a new hunter too. Perhaps I join you and your mentor on a walk one day. Kill two birds with one stone.

I am taking my Hunter Ed course of Nov. 9. I am an eagle scout and have plenty of time in woods but never hunted. I live in Cherry Hill and will move to New Brunswick in January 2020. I am looking to learn hunting with shotgun. 

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, FishHuntEat said:

@IronBait were you able to find a mentor? I am a new hunter too. Perhaps I join you and your mentor on a walk one day. Kill two birds with one stone.

I am taking my Hunter Ed course of Nov. 9. I am an eagle scout and have plenty of time in woods but never hunted. I live in Cherry Hill and will move to New Brunswick in January 2020. I am looking to learn hunting with shotgun. 

Thanks!

Do you want to bird hunt? And with stones no less!?

Good luck, killing birds with stones, it will be a difficult task. If you learn to do it, you can mentor me.

Edited by MZ7Extreme

Welcome to the site and this sport!

I started myself with it 4 years ago with 29 and it has been a great experience so far throughout. There’s a ton to learn alongside a lot of work and also fun!

How I started was public land then I found a tiny private lot. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Really comes down to what you want to accomplish! For me it’s mostly filling the freezer and helping to reduce the deer population.

If you want to join me on a hunt or two pm me and I’ll be willing to take you along to get you started.