IGNORED

Let's Play a Game

Rusty

That’s where I’d aim. From an elevated position and he’s a dead deer.
22B016B5-67D2-46D3-BD62-627DEF9CE2F6.jpeg.6d2c29f00ed23bb12bfb1bb8823fa90f.jpeg
You hit him there he will die..that's for sure..
Just give him 10-12 hrs and call the tracking dog and hope you have water within 500 yards on the property.
The exit will be plugged up with intestines and tracking job would be difficult.
Let those deer turn more broadside

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

9 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

I was about 17 when a group of about seven of us used to take off the first week and camp and Hunt Swartswood Park.Ronnie shot a deer he said it was walking away from him,he just saw the flag and shot it right in the hole.well when we got back home he checked it in at Butts & Bows it weighed 28 lb's,we said you don't have to hang it you can just stick it in the frigerator everybody made so much fun of him he didn't hunt for another two years.

The ol' Texas heart shot!

7 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

For me, deer #1 is absolutely a no shoot.  Youll clip the back of the lungs or liver at best.  It will most likely result in a gut shot.  I never take a quartering to shot even with a gun.  To much to chance, just wait for a broadside shot! 

:agree:

8 hours ago, Ryanm said:

Me personally yeah, ideally you’d wanna be as close as possible to the shoulder. I leave a little room for error. 

To each his own but where you marked your shot placement entrance and the angle of entry will barely clip the diaphragm and 99% of the broadheads path will be through guts. 

AWM