NJDFW

9/12/19 - Fall Trout Stocking Information

All fall-stocked waters may be fished as soon as they are stocked (no "closed waters" during fall stocking).

They should close it down for the stocking week, that will give fish time to acclimate and move to better water. The following Saturday would be ideal with a 6:00 am start:up:

• Agree 1

I almost squawked because Green Turtle pond is not on the list, then I realized they stock it in November for what they call the winter stocking.  It's supposed to be for ice fishing, but most of the fish stocked are caught the same day.

4 hours ago, 230jhp said:

I almost squawked because Green Turtle pond is not on the list, then I realized they stock it in November for what they call the winter stocking.  It's supposed to be for ice fishing, but most of the fish stocked are caught the same day.

Or snagged:down:

I dont trout fish NJ as much as I had growing up where it was at least 5 days a week.

But I have enjoyed the fall fishing a few days each year, seems to be a lot less traffic and you can actually fish in peace .

unlike the spring fishery where guys are following the stocking trucks and fishing elbow to elbow.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Don't worry about the stocked trout, they are just like Doritos.  Pequest will make more.....

Thank god, I would give up trout fishing if I had to chase 6" natives around:up:

6 hours ago, bucky said:

Thank god, I would give up trout fishing if I had to chase 6" natives around:up:

Don’t believe for a minute that our brook trout can’t grow beyond 6”. ;)

• Like 1

I know but you do get my drift :up: No pun intended...haha

Edited by bucky
  • Haha 1