JHbowhunter

Holy SH#T was I lucky last Sunday or what?

3 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I actually think there may be two good size bears... LOOK AGAIN.   I think first one was a boar, and second one looks shorter and fatter and head of a sow... (or not - just a thought)

Based on timestamps, pretty spread out too, and that first boar looks like he was just passing through and did not stop.   Here is the complete sequence in order:

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Could be.  Could be he was going after you, too.  They are protective of their sow.  That's how I got charged.  Good luck on opening day.

Shoot a small doe so you can run out of there with it and gut it in a safer location.  Not to worry you, but be safe and watch your back.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Wow, that's a BIG bear dude!  You're going to have a fun walk in the dark on opening morning! :rofl:

chris pratt running GIF

I'll be walking to my stand in the dark on opening day and there's about a 500 pound bear walking around. 

• Like 2

Just keep in mind when a bear attacks, it’s usually a long, slow, drawn out, painful event. Anyway have a good season. You’ll be fine. 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Damn big one.

Personally I never had any luck baiting a standing cornfield with corn.

you have to criss-cross it :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's a big one Jack for sure. No doubt you will have a doe doe by 7am Saturday. Good luck

Why and x on the ground? Planning on dropping a bomb on his fat ass? Aerial assault. Probably work better to helicopter him out of there anyway

13 hours ago, Devil Horns said:

He was probably watching you from the corn the whole time. Good looking bear. If he sticks around get a tag. Would make a nice addition to the rest of your mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.  Probably hanging out in the corn until you left.  They will hang in the middle of a corn field and destroy it.

57 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

I agree.  Probably hanging out in the corn until you left.  They will hang in the middle of a corn field and destroy it.

There are three huge contiguous cornfields in a row.  I bet an aerial view would look like a bunch of UFO landings.