JHbowhunter

Holy SH#T was I lucky last Sunday or what?

Check out the sequence, and timestamps...  (yes I am corning a cornfield...) It's for EAB doe.   In some ways it's like dumping water in the ocean, but deer are lazy by nature when it comes to food.   It's already off the cob...  See several dry does that will be the target...  This spot won't show a mature buck until around October 20th or later... 

Anyway - yikes!!!!   29 minutes apart

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter
  • Like 16

5 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Check out the sequence, and timestamps...  (yes I am corning a cornfield...) It's for EAB doe.   In some ways it's like dumping water in the ocean, but deer are lazy by nature when it comes to food.   It's already off the cob...  See several dry does that will be the target...  This spot won't show a mature buck until around October 20th or later... 

Anyway - yikes!!!!   29 minutes apart

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Get a bear tag that's a good bear

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Yup that's why I don't bait early session , I wait till colder weather when there isn't many of them around..their noting but big raccoons, Ive had them eat the whole pile within the first hour of me putting it down.

so this is what i hope opener looks like 6:20 AM this Saturday...  Get the doe with no fawns... Usually I can... 

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

• Like 8

Could you wait until two are lined up and then give me a call?;)

• Agree 1
  • Haha 4

Damn you better not stop at dunkin on your way to bait next time-- yogi wanted to taste you. That is a nice bear though.

• Agree 1

At least he gave you a half hour running start.  Probably was back in the corn tapping his toes wondering how long it's going to take this dude to make an X with the corn?  

• Haha 4

Ahhhh - there she is... This is 3rd season been watching this doe.   Funkiest eyes on a deer I have ever seen.  Thought she was blind, even freakier when you see her live.  She ain't blind, she was about to be my EAB doe on the opener two seasons ago in 2017.  Went to draw, didn't even think she was looking my way and as soon as I raised bow she bolted...  Got a different doe last season there - but she was always around but I let her go.  She is probably 4 or more years old now..    Any idea what is going on with her eyes? Same on both sides. 

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Could you wait until two are lined up and then give me a call?;)

Meet me there tomorrow, why wait until Saturday? 

Damn close would have been you spreading bait and the bears head sticking out of the corn watching you .  Help the farmer out and get a tag . They do a ton of damage to a cornfield and I'm sure that's not the only one in there .

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

That bear is BIG. 

But how big?  I would guess it's a boar - big head and all.  But very fit.. Nice coat... Not like the bloated pig I see close to home every year in deer zone 5.  This is deer zone 2...   (btw - have not seen the usual bloated belly dragger this year - he probably died of old age). 

I will guess this bear is 350#  ???